Detailing World Forum banner

New FLEECY LINED outdoor covers

5K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  Neno330 
#1 · (Edited)
Obviously I risk stoning by even mentioning the word 'covers' on here but there are enlightened members who will attest that a good quality, well fitting cover wont do a car kept outside any harm at all, and will protect it from the elements, birds, trees and envious neighbours.

We are so often asked ' do your covers have a fleecy lining' and until tomorrow, the answer is 'no'. But tomorrow it will be 'yes'.

We will be launching our Protector-4 range of breathable, 4 layer, fleece lined outdoor car covers. They are water resistant, held on with strong elastic both ends and an underbody clip in strap. They come with a draw string bag and in 7 different sizes to suit almost anything.

Here's one on my venerable 944Turbo, which has been under the cover off and on since April.

Here's a detail of the strongly stitched hem and all important, fleecy lining. This is what separates these covers from our standard 3 layer covers.

There's a strong underbody strap to keep the cover nicely snug - its adjustable to you can get a perfect fit.

Our full car cover database now lists them. You can select your car marque, then model and see all applicable covers. Prices are good value compared to other standard fit, but only 3 layer covers, and are warranted for 13 months*.

http://www.carcovershop.co.uk/Protector-4-Breathable-covers.asp

* We hate that 'just out of warranty' feeling so are providing an extra month just in case...

See less See more
#4 ·
How interesting...............

Ours do look very similar, though we have had them manufactured direct rather than bought from them. No idea who makes theirs.

Whats amazing is the price - for an XK8, for which we sold one of ours yesterday at £120, they want £185. I've always thought they were an expensive outlet, this proves it.

#14 ·
just looked on your website and dont think the soft stretchy one is long enough

I have a bmw F12 6 series convertible and dont think your largest size will fit it.

The length is (LxWxH) is 4898x1899x1372

Your largest cover is 4800x1780x1200

So think it might a stretched too much

Anyway...pm on its way

Not sure if that extra might be stretching it too far

#15 ·
Please see e-mail - width/height fine, length very close but worth a go IMHO.

The covers do look fantastic, are really soft. I took pictures today at our local Peugeot dealership, need to get some on some sleeker cars, but website will be updated over the weekend hopefully.

#17 · (Edited)
Obviously I risk stoning by even mentioning the word 'covers' on here but there are enlightened members who will attest that a good quality, well fitting cover wont do a car kept outside any harm at all, and will protect it from the elements, birds, trees and envious neighbours.

We are so often asked ' do your covers have a fleecy lining' and until tomorrow, the answer is 'no'. But tomorrow it will be 'yes'.

We will be launching our Protector-4 range of breathable, 4 layer, fleece lined outdoor car covers. They are water resistant, held on with strong elastic both ends and an underbody clip in strap. They come with a draw string bag and in 7 different sizes to suit almost anything.

Here's one on my venerable 944Turbo, which has been under the cover off and on since April.

Here's a detail of the strongly stitched hem and all important, fleecy lining. This is what separates these covers from our standard 3 layer covers.

There's a strong underbody strap to keep the cover nicely snug - its adjustable to you can get a perfect fit.

Our full car cover database now lists them. You can select your car marque, then model and see all applicable covers. Prices are good value compared to other standard fit, but only 3 layer covers, and are warranted for 13 months*.

http://www.carcovershop.co.uk/Protector-4-Breathable-covers.asp

* We hate that 'just out of warranty' feeling so are providing an extra month just in case...
I'am very interested to see your 944turbo, do you maybe have some pic thread on DW?

#18 · (Edited)
Hi

I dont have a pictures thread on here, sorry - its my daily driver so isnt really up to scrutiny of DW'ers, especially given the business I am in.

I use it and enjoy it, it doesnt have a garage and has done 175,000 miles. She's having new sills over Christmas too as they have started to go, otherwise she is in very good condition but needs thoroughly detailing again - not been machine polished for about 3 years.

My good friend Roy at ProDetailing did it for me in October 2011, with Megs #105 and #205 plus Race Glaze Black Label.

#19 ·
I took the Protector-4 cover off my Porsche this afternoon to give it a run out as its been under cover for 13 days, its been raining quite a lot recently and this is what was on the back where the bridge spoiler is:

Underneath the car was almost completely dry, just the odd smear on the roof from a patch I moved over the car as I was rolling the cover off. Sides, window seals, iffy sunroof seal, door areas bone dry. Very impressed, even if I say so myself.

#22 ·
Porsche 944 Turbo
Typ 952
Year of manufacture: 1991
Power: 250bhp from 2500cc with KK Turbocharger
Performance: 0-60mph 5.9 seconds, top speed 165mph
Number remaining (UK): 274
Cost new: £36,000
The most powerful development of Porsches 4 cylinder engine first used in the 924, this later Turbo (the earlier Typ 951 was 220bhp) enjoys 49:51 weight balance to give wonderful cross country comfort and driving ability. It outperformed the concurrent and subsequent 911.
Porsche developed the 220bhp version for a run-out special edition, the ‘Turbo S’ or ‘Silver Rose’ at a substantial price premium, and it sold so quickly they made a batch more, designated Typ 952, this car. Silver Rose owners were somewhat displeased…
I have owned this example since 2003, adding 75,000m to its then total of 100,000m.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.