Detailing World Forum banner

Welcome from Race Glaze Ltd

4K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  cornish pixie 
#1 ·
A bit poor being beaten to first post in our own section, but nonetheless, welcome to all who visit us here and on our main website at www.raceglaze.co.uk.

Race Glaze has been a UK manufacturer of high quality, easy to use valeting and detailing products which are loved by professionals, the car sales trade, enthusiasts and occasional car washers and polishers since 1994.

Our core products have been slowly augmented by proven new lines and we always have our own network of professional detailers test any new product before its offered for sale. Watch this space for new stuff !

We're an advice driven company, based in Stamford, Lincolnshire, with thousands of loyal customers around the world. Its this loyalty that made me step up from a distributor of the range to buying the company in 2005.

Please feel free to e-mail me direct for advice, and I hope you enjoy using our products. We didn't come up with the motto 'admiration without effort' for nothing ! For orders, customer services or queries please see our website or call us on 01780-767080 24 hours.

And enjoy your car !

Mark Wibberley
Managing Director
4 September 2007

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes, been here for 10 years now, some lovely roads round here too, and some real exotica - loads of Porsche, several Ferrari, a McLaren, Lambo, Aston etc, and some historics as a dealer just up the road. It pays to keep your eyes peeled !

Our office is in the middle of town, and the warehouse a couple of miles away.

#4 ·
Good to see you here Mark and glad you managed to get it sorted :wave:

(Highclere Castle a couple of weeks back ;) )

Mark's a top lad for those who don't know - can be found at most classic car shows around the UK. He also has a top detailer working with him; stunning effort on a 430 I saw recently using Raceglaze products which interested me as I'd not given them much shelf space before - yet more pocket money to be spent I suspect :rolleyes:

#8 ·
These wheel brushes are I think unique in the UK - basically, I found some via a circuitous route, got 10 samples which were snapped up by various detailers, and have already sold 50 of the batch on their way to me. Hence, we're taking advance orders.

#14 ·
AluBright is excellent for restoration and cleaning of alloy such as engine blocks, gearboxes and engine ancillaries, also aluminium such as wheels on motorbikes, carbs etc. Its often combined with JetLaq, a lacquer which locks in the finish you've acheived (easily - just spray on some AluBright and dampen it off after a few minutes).

Our metal polish, AluTech, was demonstarted well on Tuesday on the main exhaust box under the lid of a customer Ferrari F430, where applied with the foam pads we supply, buffed, then again with a cloth, buffed and finally polished with a finger, it brought the metal up a real treat.

Personal collection - as our warehouse and office are a few miles apart, personal collection is welcome, just give us 24 hours notice to get the stuff in. Our office is very busy so best to avoid peak times.

#15 · (Edited)
I haven't used HD Cleanse personally, though a few comments from folks who've used both: our product is cheaper, coincidentally the same colour, and similarly does a good job. Best to avoid direct sunlight for both as they can dry out, but a quick spray with water allows it to come off easily enough if you get an untimely phone call.

We're not prescriptive in saying you MUST use this, our step 3, before our cream Carnauba finishing wax, Crem Perfection, but it's a stage you must go through to remove swirls and strip off dead paint if the surface is oxidiised, swirled or faded.

#23 ·
Here you go all of the following have Raceglaze products on them

This was washed in Aqua bathe and has colour enhance on the plastics / trim, crem perfection on the wheels.

For info anyone contemplating detailing an R8, the paint is not very thick - this one averaged 80 microns.

This was topped off with Crem perfection the last time I did it

Beading on a A class which had been topped off with Crem perfection

Again Crem perfection

#19 ·
Welcome Mark, sorry its been a while to say hi, moving house and then having to wait and wait and wait for BT to get off their butts to sort my phone line, and they still haven't sorted it properly as now they say they can't sort my internet out for a couple more weeks :mad:

I've been using some of the RG range now for almost a year and have to say its one of the most under rated ranges out there, if you want a product that basically does what its says on the bottle, not worried about a name and also want to save a few quid you could do worse than try the RG range.

My personal favs are Colour enhance for plastic trims, yellow poly clay, extra long wheel brush, glass and chrome polish and creme perfection for that quick wax with durability.

Oh and Stanford, has to be the best place ever as I was born there :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.