Detailing World Forum banner

New Race Glaze waxes launch NOW !! DW exclusive

10K views 69 replies 34 participants last post by  LeeH 
#1 ·
Race Glaze wax pre-launch exclusive to DW members

Two weeks earlier than the public launch, Race Glaze are delighted to finally announce their new Signature series of paste waxes to DW members.

As a result of exhaustive testing by us and our team of pros, the new waxes have been perfected and are in stock for immediate delivery.

'42' is 42% Carnauba by volume, is versatile and easy to apply by hand or pad, and straightforward to take off with tufted type microfiber cloth. Great on any colour or finish of car. It produces a great shine, lasts very well and smells great ! Compare the carnauba concentration with waxes like Onyx (30% and £40) or Saphir (40% and £70), and you'll get some idea of where this wax is targeted. Volume is 230ml in a wide, stable jar. Formerly known as 'test wax A'.

'55' is our premium wax, 55% pure Carnauba by volume. This was the 'test wax B'. It produces a truly superb finish, lasts over 4 months in tough tests and layers beautifully. Fantastic at bringing out the flake in metallics, superb on dark colours, this is a Concours-class wax for anyone to use. Better value than any comparable Swissvax or Zym0l product - more carnauba than Best of Show at around half the price, more than Zym0l Concours at £100 less ! Spreads easily, buffs off without fuss. Contents: 230ml, same jar.

Prices:
'42' is £45
'55' is £65

Our motto is 'admiration without effort' and these products have been honed to uphold that. Race Glaze and the undersigned are sure you'll be impressed.

Terry Blackmore - TJB Vehicle Detailing
Tim Bomford - Envy Valeting
Gary Funnell - Refined Reflections
Mark Hammond - Karlsson Collins
Dave Naxton - DPN Valeting
Richard Tipper - Perfection Detailing
David Watson - Car Connoisseur

Order NOW by phone (01780-767080) or on-line at www.raceglaze.co.uk

See less See more
#25 · (Edited)
With a huge huge number of waxes on the market these days, I would ask the same question also... what makes the RG waxes better than say the much cheaper Collinite 476S? I find from personal experience that carnauba content seems to matter little to the finish or durability (and the methods of measuring it dont seem to be common between the manufacturers, can you outline also what the percentage refers to as in weight?, volume?, % of the waxes in the product or is it only carnuaba?)

I am seeing a huge huge number of waxes all being offered these days, I'd just like to ask what makes the RG waxes special above the other which you mention, as the price certainly suggests they are special over the liked of Collinite (very high durability), and Victoria waxes of which I am a big fan...

Additionally, without beating about the bush, I personally believe that any wax simply not really add anything largely tangible to a well prepped finish, its a microscopically thin layer of a wax afterall, - it serves as protection only, and in this respect, I'd be very interested to hear the expected durabilities?

G
#21 ·
"Better value than any comparable Swissvax or Zym0l product - more carnauba than Best of Show at around half the price, more than Zym0l Concours at £100 less ! "

Interesting comment you make Mark - no doubt Chuck Bennett of Zym)l would be very pleased with the comparison, given that you are slating his products within "RaceGlaze" and flogging them in "your sister company" Morethanpolish. What are we to believe??

G
#23 ·
Well as you ask I am the co-owner of Swissvax UK and as a solicitor, am responsible for advising on brand issues both in the UK and overseas, reporting direct to Georg Weidmann, CEO of Swissvax AG. Comparative advertising is a legal minefield and I will be interested to hear from Mark on what basis he can justify these statements - as what constitutes "best value" does not simply revolve around carnuaba and price - as NKS commented yesterday (to which there has been no official response).

I am perfectly entitled to comment - just as you are able to disagree with me. I am simply pointing out the obvious conflict of interest Mark has selling two products and publically running down one ahead of the other - especially when the other is the extremely litigious Z**** who he is appointed to represent in the UK. I am simply wondering if a customer calls for guidance, which product does he recommend? It seems to me to be an untenable situation, but I guess this is not for me to worry about.

#24 ·
as what constitutes "best value" does not simply revolve around carnuaba and price - as NKS commented yesterday (to which there has been no official response).QUOTE]

RaceGlaze did reply to my post as I also sent it to them as a PM. The repsonse I received was as follows:

-----------------------------
I've been debating how to respond since you posted this, but to be honest, I haven't tried these other waxes and can't comment personally.
-----------------------------

Which is about as honest as you can get really :thumb:

Also all Mark is doing is stating Carnuba figures which are readily available....

#30 ·
Alan - loads of pics of the finish after careful and proper preparation on other threads on the RG section. The waxes have been tested over many months by the pros listed, anyone can ask any of them what they think.

I'm going to have to be very careful what I put now the legal eagles are watching me !! As I know Mr Bennett personally I know he will have no problem in us retailing our waxes actually, and if Swissvax have a problem, one might suggest its of their own making. Its even rather flattering !

How I run my own business and promote my products, which anyone in the established Swissvax community should know very well is straight down the line, as I have done for the last 5 years, is my own business.

I invite anyone to try my products - the shopping cart is open for anyone, that includes other wax importers.

PS ***** Europe have already seen my website and have no problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.