Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 17-03-2017, 11:28 AM   #1
Shorthand
Sponge Jockey

Car sealant

i've had loads of help the last few days about Gtechniq & Gyeon products.

both sealants i will be using 100% but i don't know who to go for on my show car.

Keep in mind i have never used the sealant before so who should i use not product side since i know what i'm using on both Gtechniq & Gyeon but who for the cement sealant etc

Gtechniq will be CSL + EXOv3
Gyeon will be GYEON - Q2 Prime Kit or GYEON - Q2 Mohs

Adam from Gtechniq has been amazing with his help and the community & the DW community for Gyeon..

i'm just stuck in the middle, both amazing but i want the best for my car/easy etc ..

thank you all!

P.S please don't think i'm being rude and picking and chosing i've never been down this route before and wanting best for myself and the car etc <3
Shorthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 01:33 PM   #2
Leebo310
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

In terms of application, I believe Gyeon is by far the easier to use.
Both will give a great finish, providing the paint is in flawless condition before.

I'd go with Gyeon to be honest if it's your first time using that sort of sealant.

One other alternative you could look at would be Nanolex Si3D. Relatively easy to use and gives an excellent slick glassy finish with epic amounts of gloss. I've used this on a few different cars now and the finish has been great on all.
Leebo310 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leebo310 For This Useful Post:
todds (17-03-2017)
Old 18-03-2017, 09:23 AM   #3
Shorthand
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leebo310 View Post
In terms of application, I believe Gyeon is by far the easier to use.
Both will give a great finish, providing the paint is in flawless condition before.

I'd go with Gyeon to be honest if it's your first time using that sort of sealant.

One other alternative you could look at would be Nanolex Si3D. Relatively easy to use and gives an excellent slick glassy finish with epic amounts of gloss. I've used this on a few different cars now and the finish has been great on all.
Just looked a nanolex some good products but might stick with gyeon?
Old 18-03-2017, 01:10 PM   #4
Moet1974
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorthand View Post
i've had loads of help the last few days about Gtechniq & Gyeon products.

both sealants i will be using 100% but i don't know who to go for on my show car.

Keep in mind i have never used the sealant before so who should i use not product side since i know what i'm using on both Gtechniq & Gyeon but who for the cement sealant etc

Gtechniq will be CSL + EXOv3
Gyeon will be GYEON - Q2 Prime Kit or GYEON - Q2 Mohs

Adam from Gtechniq has been amazing with his help and the community & the DW community for Gyeon..

i'm just stuck in the middle, both amazing but i want the best for my car/easy etc ..

thank you all!

P.S please don't think i'm being rude and picking and chosing i've never been down this route before and wanting best for myself and the car etc <3
Will you be applying it yourself bud? If so out of the two I'd go for Gyeon products. As it's for a show car it needs to be bang on so my advice would be get yourself some Tac System Shine and practise on another car. At only £30 it will give you some valuable experience of applying a coating. With some certainty if you get high spots using CSL it will look dark in those places and will need a machine polish to remove. If you really want show car looks with ceramic type protection I'd be going for Kamikaze ISM or PolishAngel Cosmic V2.
Moet1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 07:22 PM   #5
rallye666
Washmitt Meister

I'm guessing you have a garage to apply the sealant in and keep it dry for 24 hours afterwards? Otherwise you'd be better off with a traditional sealant IMO
rallye666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 08:08 PM   #6
dchapman88

Garage
This is actually a really interesting thread for me as my mum is collecting a 17 plate Merc CLA next Saturday and she has asked me to show it some love and then put a decent sealant on top so she has to do little in the way of cleaning

It is a toss up between Nanolex Si3D, Carbon Collective Oracle and potentially Gyeon.

I am a little stuck for choice. I want it to be easy on/off but I need bags of gloss (obviously)

I was leaning towards Carbon Collective, but like the look of Nanolex.
The price limit is £50 really so kamikaze is outta the equation
dchapman88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 09:28 AM   #7
Shorthand
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moet1974 View Post
Will you be applying it yourself bud? If so out of the two I'd go for Gyeon products. As it's for a show car it needs to be bang on so my advice would be get yourself some Tac System Shine and practise on another car. At only £30 it will give you some valuable experience of applying a coating. With some certainty if you get high spots using CSL it will look dark in those places and will need a machine polish to remove. If you really want show car looks with ceramic type protection I'd be going for Kamikaze ISM or PolishAngel Cosmic V2.
Yeah i'll do appying myself mate - was thinking like you saying due to being a show car cleaning is important so with the products it be easy once arrived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallye666 View Post
I'm guessing you have a garage to apply the sealant in and keep it dry for 24 hours afterwards? Otherwise you'd be better off with a traditional sealant IMO
yeah mate got my own garage to apply

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchapman88 View Post
This is actually a really interesting thread for me as my mum is collecting a 17 plate Merc CLA next Saturday and she has asked me to show it some love and then put a decent sealant on top so she has to do little in the way of cleaning

It is a toss up between Nanolex Si3D, Carbon Collective Oracle and potentially Gyeon.

I am a little stuck for choice. I want it to be easy on/off but I need bags of gloss (obviously)

I was leaning towards Carbon Collective, but like the look of Nanolex.
The price limit is £50 really so kamikaze is outta the equation
guess i'll be here all day looking at all different products haha
Old 21-03-2017, 09:31 AM   #8
dchapman88

Garage
I've made my mind up, spending more money and gonna use Gyeon MOHS
dchapman88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 09:40 AM   #9
Shorthand
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchapman88 View Post
I've made my mind up, spending more money and gonna use Gyeon MOHS
Think i might be joining you on this one..
Old 22-03-2017, 07:57 AM   #10
Shorthand
Sponge Jockey

I've spoke to a detailer about the both products and he pointed me to gtechniq

anyone else used the products would be good to get info from you guys