Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-03-2017, 01:24 PM   #1
Bigpikle
Distinguished Detailer
 
Bigpikle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Riding my bike somewhere...
Posts: 15,704
Thanks: 1,200
Thanked 2,833 Times in 1,856 Posts
First time with C2v3...

Have been intrigued by this for a while so grabbed a 100ml bottle recently - not much of a risk for £6 I thought. Today was the day I finally got the chance to try it properly. I'm a huge fan of minimum effort on the vehicles, so things like ONR & OptiSeal have been top of my list for the last few years due to the sheer speed and ease of use combined with outstanding results. I hope C2v3 may prove to be as easy and possibly even more effective in the longer term?

I decided to try it on SWMBOs new car, a 2016 Fiesta in silver. Gave it a good ONR wash, polished a couple of slight scratches we inherited with the car, and then gave a wipe down with BH Cleanser Fluid - 1st time with that as well and VERY impressed with the finish it left.

Then onto the C2v3...light misting panel by panel with a wipe over with an MF, before a buff with a clean cloth. VERY easy and left a great finish. No worries about smears and a careful check as the sun came out showed a perfect glossy final finish with a great slickness. People rave about the slickness, and it is superb, but its exactly what you also get from OCW and OID and a few other QDs I've used, so I guess the test will be how long t lasts. I washed my other car and then went back and gave the Fiesta a wipe down with c2v3 diluted 1:3 with RO water. I wanted to make sure I didnt miss anything first time and also see how the diluted product worked - no need for a separate wipedown this time, just spray and wipe over. The plan is to use the 1:3 spray after each wash and just build up the protection. Hopefully the protection, water behaviour and ease of cleaning this promises will continue to build up over time as well. Already started stripping and using this on my daily car as well....

Overall, really impressed with the BH Cleanser Fluid and the super smooth finish it gave, and also very impressed with the C2v3 - initially its marginally more work than OptiSeal that I usually use, but hopefully after the first layer, the 'QD' diluted version as a drying aid will be just as easy as anything else.

Edit - just finished my car with the same process and grabbed a couple of pics. The finish is VERY glossy and super slick. I like it and it looks good on my dark blue/grey wagon as well as the silver. Its a glassy classic sealant type of look IMHO but given the flat grey light its hard to see effects on flake and sparkle in both these paints.

[IMG][/IMG]


The day after and after a little overnight rain....




Last edited by Bigpikle; 18-03-2017 at 09:32 AM.
Bigpikle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigpikle For This Useful Post:
Naddy37 (17-03-2017)
Old 17-03-2017, 01:33 PM   #2
Naddy37
Distinguished Detailer
 
Naddy37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,077
Thanks: 1,364
Thanked 2,097 Times in 1,517 Posts
Build up the layers with c2v3 after each wash and you'll really start to see a difference.



It's awesome stuff!
Naddy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naddy37 For This Useful Post:
Bigpikle (17-03-2017), Pinny (17-03-2017)
Old 17-03-2017, 01:50 PM   #3
Pinny
Sponge Jockey
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 46
Thanks: 12
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Naddy how many coats to you apply in one hit? Are you using it neat or diluted?
Cheers
Pinny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pinny For This Useful Post:
Naddy37 (17-03-2017)
Old 17-03-2017, 02:13 PM   #4
lowejackson
Distinguished Detailer
 
lowejackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 8,880
Thanks: 606
Thanked 2,886 Times in 2,467 Posts
Bigpikle, I like the C2 as well as Reload, both are nice products which lasted longer than Optiseal. I would happily recommend them to anyone but when the bottles were empty I returned to Optiseal or OCW and did not feel as if I was missing out.
lowejackson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lowejackson For This Useful Post:
Bigpikle (17-03-2017)
Old 17-03-2017, 03:31 PM   #5
Bigpikle
Distinguished Detailer
 
Bigpikle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Riding my bike somewhere...
Posts: 15,704
Thanks: 1,200
Thanked 2,833 Times in 1,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejackson View Post
Bigpikle, I like the C2 as well as Reload, both are nice products which lasted longer than Optiseal. I would happily recommend them to anyone but when the bottles were empty I returned to Optiseal or OCW and did not feel as if I was missing out.
thats interesting to hear....I was wondering whether I'd convert or not? OS is just soooo easy and looks pretty much the same IMHO. Water behaviour seems similar after the initial application and of course OS improves with a couple of layers as well. If I had to spray, wipe, buff every time I used c2 I wouldnt bother as OS just needs a single wipe or mist while you dry, and with a huge car and 2 others to maintain I cant be bothered with products that need any work!

I am a total Optimum fanboy though and really like their product range. If c2v3 hadnt been £6 for a small bottle I wouldnt have bothered at all, but I've diluted the rest now after doing 2 cars and will just keep using it 1:3 as a drying aid. The thing that drew me to c2v3 was the longer life clains and the additional protection and potential for shedding dirt more easily, so it will be interesting to see how it does in that regard?

The 1 year shelf life of c2v3 is a slight downside though as I still have my first bottle of OS about 8 years after I bought it, and its still used on wheels, bikes and other stuff and works perfectly. OCW is my go-to on my garage queen - a solid red 1960 MGA - which just glows with a few layers of OCW, and as it doesnt really get wet I dont care about water behaviour too much.

Last edited by Bigpikle; 17-03-2017 at 03:36 PM.
Bigpikle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigpikle For This Useful Post:
lowejackson (17-03-2017)
Old 17-03-2017, 04:01 PM   #6
Naddy37
Distinguished Detailer
 
Naddy37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,077
Thanks: 1,364
Thanked 2,097 Times in 1,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinny View Post
Naddy how many coats to you apply in one hit? Are you using it neat or diluted?
Cheers
One coat after each wash, using it neat. Bear in mind, my car is cleaned 3-4 times a week due to my job thou. Beading is awesome and it practically dries itself!
Naddy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 04:57 PM   #7
Bigpikle
Distinguished Detailer
 
Bigpikle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Riding my bike somewhere...
Posts: 15,704
Thanks: 1,200
Thanked 2,833 Times in 1,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naddy37 View Post
One coat after each wash, using it neat. Bear in mind, my car is cleaned 3-4 times a week due to my job thou. Beading is awesome and it practically dries itself!
couldnt resist, so having given it a couple of hours I gave mine another coat of 1:3 diluted c2v3 before the rain comes tonight. Yep - I'll be getting the neighbours talking again when I go to check beading tonight!
Bigpikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 07:37 PM   #8
lowejackson
Distinguished Detailer
 
lowejackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 8,880
Thanks: 606
Thanked 2,886 Times in 2,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpikle View Post
thats interesting to hear....I was wondering whether I'd convert or not? OS is just soooo easy and looks pretty much the same IMHO. Water behaviour seems similar after the initial application and of course OS improves with a couple of layers as well. If I had to spray, wipe, buff every time I used c2 I wouldnt bother as OS just needs a single wipe or mist while you dry, and with a huge car and 2 others to maintain I cant be bothered with products that need any work!

I am a total Optimum fanboy though and really like their product range. If c2v3 hadnt been £6 for a small bottle I wouldnt have bothered at all, but I've diluted the rest now after doing 2 cars and will just keep using it 1:3 as a drying aid. The thing that drew me to c2v3 was the longer life clains and the additional protection and potential for shedding dirt more easily, so it will be interesting to see how it does in that regard?

The 1 year shelf life of c2v3 is a slight downside though as I still have my first bottle of OS about 8 years after I bought it, and its still used on wheels, bikes and other stuff and works perfectly. OCW is my go-to on my garage queen - a solid red 1960 MGA - which just glows with a few layers of OCW, and as it doesnt really get wet I dont care about water behaviour too much.
I look forward to your views on the C2. 8 year old bottle of optiseal? You have the old stuff my bottle is from 2013/14 and it just seems to regenerate in the bottle as I have only used about a 1/4 of the bottle and I use it a lot.
lowejackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 07:55 PM   #9
Bigpikle
Distinguished Detailer
 
Bigpikle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Riding my bike somewhere...
Posts: 15,704
Thanks: 1,200
Thanked 2,833 Times in 1,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejackson View Post
I look forward to your views on the C2. 8 year old bottle of optiseal? You have the old stuff my bottle is from 2013/14 and it just seems to regenerate in the bottle as I have only used about a 1/4 of the bottle and I use it a lot.
I have a new bottle as well - had to have the new one and see if it was different! New goes on paint and old on wheels etc.

Light rain this evening and good beading so far....
Bigpikle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigpikle For This Useful Post:
lowejackson (17-03-2017)
Old 17-03-2017, 10:53 PM   #10
HEADPHONES
Orbital Oracle
 
HEADPHONES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 701
Thanks: 95
Thanked 298 Times in 201 Posts
Been using C2v3 for years since it replaced c1.5.
Bought Optiseal a few months ago to try.
Here's my experience comparing the 2.
C2v3 is VERY fast to apply!
A few spritz on a door and I'll spread it with a MF pad in 10 seconds and buff it in about a half a minute after having applied it to a few more panels.
The Optiseal seems more fussy to apply in that I've not yet got the knack of applying it thin enough to avoid high spots and smears. This needs me inspecting the panel looking for smears and spot buffing here and there.
So the time I spend per panel is actually longer with Optiseal.
However, on intricate areas like rims......Optiseal is my goto.
High spots or smears are much less visible on the rims so I don't worry about over application......just wipe on and walk away.
Longevity wise I don't see either lasting more than a couple months but their ease of application is their strong point meaning a coat of c2v3 only adds an extra 10-15 mins after a wash and same for the Optiseal on the rims.
HEADPHONES is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors