Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 18-03-2017, 09:41 AM   #11
Bigpikle
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,860 Times in 1,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEADPHONES View Post
Been using C2v3 for years since it replaced c1.5.
Bought Optiseal a few months ago to try.
Here's my experience comparing the 2.
C2v3 is VERY fast to apply!
A few spritz on a door and I'll spread it with a MF pad in 10 seconds and buff it in about a half a minute after having applied it to a few more panels.
The Optiseal seems more fussy to apply in that I've not yet got the knack of applying it thin enough to avoid high spots and smears. This needs me inspecting the panel looking for smears and spot buffing here and there.
So the time I spend per panel is actually longer with Optiseal.
However, on intricate areas like rims......Optiseal is my goto.
High spots or smears are much less visible on the rims so I don't worry about over application......just wipe on and walk away.
Longevity wise I don't see either lasting more than a couple months but their ease of application is their strong point meaning a coat of c2v3 only adds an extra 10-15 mins after a wash and same for the Optiseal on the rims.
interesting - thanks.

You'll get there with OS when you realise that there is just so little product needed. I put 1 spritz on a supersoft MF pad and that will do a door easily. I do smaller panels first which loads the pad and by the time I do a roof or bonnet it means that 2 sprays is usually enough. Remember that OS will self-level anyway if you leave it and any slight high spots wont show after a few mins, so there isnt a need to go back really anyway. You can also use it as a drying aid and there is no problem spraying a single mist onto a wet panel after rinsing and then wiping over as you dry.

Personally I found c2v3 pretty much as easy but i used 2 MFs purely as I have read about smearing issues from some people. I probably wouldnt bother next time and certainly wont when using it diluted.
Bigpikle is offline   Reply With Quote