Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Technical > DW TV > Tyres & Wheels (TV)
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24-06-2015, 05:59 PM   #11
lee8
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteCarCare View Post
The wheels should be hardened enough to drive after about 6 hours, but the coating will fully harden over the next week. You can accelerate the process a little but using a heat gun on a low setting.

If any brake dust does embed itself into the coating during that time, some Gtechniq W6 will dissolve it without harming the C5.

Alex

Many thanks for the advice,it's going to depend on when the wheels arrive as there is a waiting list for them,hopefully before it gets cold.
lee8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 08:38 PM   #12
G30 MC
Unwashed Member

Cure time

Also new to C5, Awesome kit. But i think i over applied, Will know better next time
G30 MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 09:24 PM   #13
ovoxo
Unwashed Member

Got some c5 to try this Friday guys. What's best way to apply it?
ovoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 09:49 PM   #14
MagpieRH
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovoxo View Post
Got some c5 to try this Friday guys. What's best way to apply it?
Clean the wheels, then use the cotton pads provided - turn the bottle upside down on the pad, I used a couple of drops each time, apply in overlapping circular motions. Do one wheel at a time, when you've finished doing that wheel, wipe off with a clean microfibre (you're not buffing, just removing the excess). Those 2 drops really will go a long way - it's difficult to see on silver wheels but if you get the right angle, you can see the bit you've done looks a bit wet. [put it this way, I only did the face and inside edge of the spokes of my wheels, and I used 1/3 of the smaller bottle. It really does stretch a long way].

Top tip, don't sniff it - the solvent is pretty powerful stuff. You'd enjoy it, but the end results may be affected
MagpieRH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MagpieRH For This Useful Post:
ovoxo (28-07-2015)
Old 03-03-2016, 05:31 PM   #15
C9hpro
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee8 View Post
Maybe I should have explained my situation a bit better,my car is garaged over night and it has always been so for reasons of security and keeping it dry and warm?

Last time applying C5 after thorough cleansing with blueberry wheel cleaner,Tardis,and twice wipe down with eraser before applying the C5 this was the alloys off the car.

I did 2 wheels at a time leaving an hour before putting wheel back on car and removing the other 2 wheels to repeat the process again,after a few hours drove car back into garage.

The next time I had notice brake particles had embedded into the C5 coating and hardened and what was suppose to be a spotless finish I had tiny specks of dots on each wheel due driving the car when the C5 coating hadn't fully cured hard!

I had thought about those infrared lamps used by body shops but fir the my purpose abit too much £'s unlike there are cheaper version I could justify the costs to speed up the curing process so that the C5 coating IS fully cured before I plonk them back on the car.

Any ideas most welcomed.
Shortwave inferred 60/80 I wouldn't use anything else
C9hpro is offline   Reply With Quote