Detailing World Forum banner

Audi RS4 corrected with Rupes - Beau Technique - Polish Angel Midlands

23K views 31 replies 28 participants last post by  ChrisJD 
#1 · (Edited)

Been a while team.
Hectic at Beau Technique HQ but you can keep up to date with our day to day shananigans on Facebook and Twitter

This Audi RS4 came to us from a magazine publication we were involved in.
A car full of character and tons of punch.
Here it is on arrival…

Foamed, washed, decontaminated etc and in the workshop ready for some action where by it was evident that the vehicle was in reasonable shape but had suffered some heavy levels of marring where the owner had previously clayed a little too heavy…

Paint measurements taken and establishing there was plenty of clear coat present, Chosen weapon was Rupes LHr15 bigfoot polisher with cool pad from SP and ye olde faithful Scholl concepts S17+.

After 2 stages with same combination we left the paintwork looking pretty sharp as it was but still more to go to gain further enlightenment…

Moving onward, Next combination was again Rupes bigfoot with Rupes own yellow polishing pad and Sonax perfect finish...

Which left us with a much deeper finish…

Always checking along the way working under 3 varying light sources…

After 2 stages of paint correction…

There was a number of areas covered in paint protection film ( PPF ) which I must say I hate with a passion purely for it detracting from the finish of the paintwork and I feel giant stickers should be put on bikes and skateboards not expensive pieces of machinery.
Anywho, This was clearly chemically stained and a few bug etchings evident so working with a softer polishing pad from 3M and Autobrite Direct final finish polish we sorted this out in no time at all…

Side skirts suffered from the usual deeper scratches typically as they are at the lower of the car and do have a tendency to mary easily…

First set with Liquid elements micro fibre disc and S17+ this time with the Rupes mini bigfoot…

This was further sharpened up later along the detail but 2 hits served us well…

Now your getting the idea so once the 2 varying stages were completed, A final step was added using Polish Angel invincible 9h primer.
This again was worked with Rupes bigfoot polisher and Lake Country ccs white polishing pad…

Which left the vehicle looking like this…

Final layer being 2 coats of Polish Angel master sealant…

Usual whistles and bells tended to such as exhausts, glass, door shuts and engine bay.
Totally forgot to take any pictures midst wheels off and suspension areas deep cleaned but this was also carried out along with a final wipe down with Polish Angel connoisseur rapid waxx to leave us with this…

Thanks for looking.
I'll leave you with the final piccie which will lead on to my next write up…

See less See more
#15 ·
Cheers. Both were enjoyable vehicles to work with.

Look stunning, my favourite colour to.

We'll done
Thanks. Yes, understated colour but suits it really nicely.

Another quality detail chief.
Cheers dude.

great work as per usual...

lovely colour for these RS beasts too... although I would say that! :lol:

:thumb:
Have you got one of these then cuey? Ive got a massive hankering for one of these just not within my budget right now.

Superb turn around. Can I ask what your preferred products are for the engine bay? It looks amazing!
Cheers. I chop and swap dependant on the finish of trim etc and how old/tarnished the engine bay is but this was Carpro pearl 50/50 mix. Buffed down day after application then carbon areas were wiped down with Valetpro citrus bling and waxed.

Excellent work again :thumb:

Love the colour
Thanks.

Beautiful car, one of my favorites! Great detail as well :).
Cheers.

Excellent job there :thumb:,which engine bay dressing did you use?.
Cheers. As said in another reply, I chop and swap dependant on the finish of trim etc and how old/tarnished the engine bay is but this was Carpro pearl 50/50 mix. Buffed down day after application then carbon areas were wiped down with Valetpro citrus bling and waxed.

Superb Scott.. Looks to me that the owner decided to stick with the standard wheel design, but increase the size up to 20"? Very tasteful, and a great decision to stick with silver wheels too, black just doesn't show off the lovely design for me.

Looks splendid!
Thanks. This has had a number of subtle tweaks. Slim spacers which offer a slightly better stance within the races. Coilovers and the 20" same style wheels plus a few engine tweaks, exhaust etc. Sounded immense.

Looks amazing, stunning finish from Rupes and polish angel. My new favourite colour for RS4's
There were 2 stages prior to the Polish Angel primer and sealant but yes, it certainly add's some candy like gloss to the finish. It took a while to fathom a method of getting a solid true finish using the Rupes midst testing with varying pads but pretty pleased with what I've come across.

I love the car,the colour and your work of course
Thanks.

Amazing job on an amazing car!
Cheers.

As always Mr Beau, awesome work and an awesome result :thumb:..
You forgot the "Carried out by an all round awesome due of dudelyness" lol.

Thanks for all the positive comments and glad you like the work and car.:thumb:

#31 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.