Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 25-06-2018, 04:13 PM   #31
westerman
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

There are plenty of reputable dealers out there will do a proper job of applying AG Lifeshine. As indicated it is neither true or fair to make statements that lump all dealers together.

I know dealers with good body shops who I would trust implicitly to apply the products.

The quality of the work isn't the issue but sneaking the cost onto someones bill is.

Maybe had AG implied they agreed it was wrong to bill without consent and that the quality of work by agents is kept under review, it would instill more confidence ?.

Harry.
westerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 04:18 PM   #32
Woodsmoke
Sponge Jockey

I have yet personally to have seen one done to a great standard, I'm sure they exist. But if you see this thread and others, general opinion on main dealer application is very low, as a company I'd personally be concerned about that.

Last edited by Woodsmoke; 25-06-2018 at 04:25 PM.
Woodsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 07:23 PM   #33
stangalang
king of the flexonian

Thanked 10,405 Times in 4,881 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoglym View Post
Whether or not someone chooses to have LifeShine applied to their vehicle is up to them. As with any product, Autoglym or otherwise, the effectiveness of that product is in some part reliant upon the person applying the product. When a dealership opts to use LifeShine as their vehicle protection system, Autoglym will send our technical team to teach the dealership valeting team how to apply the product correctly, including all of the preparation work that is required before the products are applied to the customers car. We do not just provide the LifeShine kits and walk away. There is continuous training and assistance available to the application teams as required and we return to sites providing LifeShine to retrain as needed.

Here at Autoglym we do not like to make claims about our products that are not true. It is not in anyone's interest to lie, and quite frankly it would leave us looking a bit silly. Ultimately it just leads to disappointed customers. We do our very best to prove and verify every product feature or benefit we feel is in a product. if we can't, then we won't claim it. So, if we say LifeShine protects paintwork to lock in colour and a deep glossy finish and that’s easier to clean, it is because we have tested this against non LifeShine protected paintwork and found it to be true. Similarly if we say LifeShine protects fabric and leather upholstery from marks and unsightly stains, again, it is because we have tested this. As with anything there are always exceptions, but we do point these out and everything you need to know about your LifeShine coatings are in the paperwork you would receive with your LifeShine warranty.

The warranty provided is not worthless, it is actually very good. If the LifeShine products do not do something that they are supposed to, then we will put it right. That is what a warranty is all about. We have teams out on the road every day visiting customers and helping with warranty claims.

I am ok with people not liking a product, I am ok with people saying they prefer to protect their car themselves, I am ok with people not wanting a warrantied product, I am ok with people believing they can apply products better than dealership staff, these are all things that could potentially be true.

However, it is not true, nor fair to say that "[LifeShine] will not improve the looks, it will not protect against the things they say it will, it will not last like they say, and any warranty provided is worthless."

That is why I felt I had to post a response.

Mark
Autoglym Online
When customers come to me with a poor looking car, zero water behaviour and non of the promised results within months of "application", who honours the warranty?
Having appraised multiple multiple cars with it "applied" I know of not one single owner that has had a successful claim.

I do not question your ethics, my problem is with the laughable promises and unacceptable jobs done my the dealers. The best product in the world is worthless if the time isn't put into the job.
I know if I sold the product to the dealers I would take this type of feedback very seriously.
stangalang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stangalang For This Useful Post:
-rob- (27-06-2018), Brocksbrookie (25-06-2018), GAVSY (26-06-2018), neil b (25-06-2018), Summit Detailing (27-06-2018)
Old 25-06-2018, 10:17 PM   #34
Sheep

Send a message via MSN to Sheep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsmoke View Post
To be honest your product may be amazing but unless its applied to pristine corrected paint its as useless as anything else.

Your products in my experience as a company are solid good options. But lifeshine from a dealership is the biggest waste of cash a car buyer can have!

The preparation and treatment done in your name every time I've seen it has been sub standard and you need too as a company to be performing quality audits on this product application! As its tarnishes your name in the detailing community.

A totally inexperienced Detailer may not realize how much they are being ripped off but many do.
This. If I were Autoglym, and seeing this type of feedback from owners and professionals, I would start a thorough audit process, and possibly a secret shop to confirm the state of application and product quality. As someone that works in the industry (Dealership) I've seen lots of permanent products applied and very few do it properly. The Majority are performed by the lowest paid employees, sometimes lot attendants, and the quality of work is below the threshold for a spray wax.

I love autoglym's consumer products, owning a good collection myself, but if offered I would never get LifeShine, simply due to the dealership applying it instead of myself.
Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 06:35 AM   #35
Andyblue

Thanked 1,519 Times in 1,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_G View Post
We're not desperate. Thinking about it I do believe they should supply a new car. If you bought a damaged Rolex and subsequently returned it to the shop would you expect a replacement or repair?

The car should have been checked 4 times.

Once when driven off the transporter

Once as part of the PDI process

Once when valeted

Once as part of the prep and customer handover check

I'm struggling to understand how it wasn't seen and if it wasn't, why wasn't it.

I asked for a site manager to call me today, once in person and twice by email...Lets see if they call.

Did you get a call back ?

What are your thoughts - presume you’re taking it in today still ???
Andyblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 07:31 PM   #36
Al_G
Sponge Jockey

Autoglym Lifeshine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyblue View Post
Did you get a call back ?

What are your thoughts - presume you’re taking it in today still ???

Yes, I received a call from the salesman and a call (albeit 4 hours late) off the new car site manager. The salesman listened but the manager was a little less understanding. He basically said we’ve got no grounds to request a new car providing the repair is of a satisfactory level (going on to tell me that damaged new vehicles are commonplace and frequently repaired prior to handover. Also a replacement wouldn’t be possible as my mother is now the registered owner and keeper of the car in question). I’ve since raised a case with Audi Customer services who will investigate further. The car went in for the assessment at 3:30 today. I’m led to believe I have to give the dealership the opportunity to put things right. If they don’t I then have grounds to request a replacement. In truth it doesn’t really sit right with me as we paid for an undamaged vehicle. I appreciate that some cars are fixed prior to handover and the customer is non the wiser (whether this is morally right is questionable) but on this occasion the car was handed over in a condition which we didn’t agree to as part of the purchase. Ultimately we paid for a new car, not a new, damaged repaired vehicle (however insignificant).

This purchase has been quite traumatic for my mum (approaching her 70s) who has bought a number of new cars from Honda without issue. I feel partly to blame as I persuaded her to go for an Audi instead as arguably it’s a more premium brand therefore I presumed they’d pull out all the stops and deliver a car in satisfactory condition.

Last edited by Al_G; 26-06-2018 at 07:34 PM.
Al_G is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Al_G For This Useful Post:
Andyblue (26-06-2018)
Old 26-06-2018, 08:49 PM   #37
Andyblue

Hopefully they'll sort it out and it'll be perfect and you / your mum can move on, but yes, do agree it shouldn't happen...
The Following User Says Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
Al_G (26-06-2018)
Old 26-06-2018, 09:06 PM   #38
Al_G
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Hopefully they'll sort it out and it'll be perfect and you / your mum can move on, but yes, do agree it shouldn't happen...

I think it was the approach of the sales manager that really wound me up most. Suggesting this kind of thing is the norm and giving me very little option but to accept the repair.

When my mum dropped the car off he walked over and said “I thought the damage would be much worse”. Well if he’d bothered looking at the pictures that I sent over on Saturday he’d know. Shoddy.
Old 26-06-2018, 09:30 PM   #39
Andyblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_G View Post
I think it was the approach of the sales manager that really wound me up most. Suggesting this kind of thing is the norm and giving me very little option but to accept the repair.

When my mum dropped the car off he walked over and said “I thought the damage would be much worse”. Well if he’d bothered looking at the pictures that I sent over on Saturday he’d know. Shoddy.

Yes very - a quick and easy, “Sorry Mrs xxx for this, I’ll try to find out what’s happened, it shouldn’t have been delivered to you like this “ would in my eyes have made the world of difference, unfortunately you’ve just got the arrogance that seems to be with a lot of Audi sales...
The Following User Says Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
Al_G (26-06-2018)
Old 26-06-2018, 09:39 PM   #40
Al_G
Sponge Jockey

Autoglym Lifeshine!

Quote:
Yes very - a quick and easy, “Sorry Mrs xxx for this, I’ll try to find out what’s happened, it shouldn’t have been delivered to you like this “ would in my eyes have made the world of difference, unfortunately you’ve just got the arrogance that seems to be with a lot of Audi sales...

In fairness to the sales rep he’s said all the right things. I just expected the Sales Manager to be a little more considerate of the situation. Especially considering it’s supposed to be a enjoyable process. This has been anything but. Although I’ve been told otherwise I’d like to think the purchaser has a few more options than just having to accept a repair on what should have been a brand new unblemished car. Had I been told the car had a ding in the arch before paying I’d not have paid full price.