Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 18-06-2018, 07:00 PM   #1
prototype_uk
Unwashed Member

How to maintain Swissvax Shield

I use Swissvax Shield on my daily driver and twice a year I strip it back with the cleaner fluid and reapply a couple of coats. In between when I wash I would like to know what I can do to maintain this product. Currently after washing I dry with a microfiber towel and use Meguiars Gold Class Premium Quik Wax Carnauba Plus.

Is this Meguiars product ok for maintaining the Swissvax Shield, am I even maintaining the Swissvax by doing this or can anyone recommend anything better?
prototype_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2018, 07:21 PM   #2
todds
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

I believe in uniformity of car care products are they are generally made to act in tandem. i would look at Swissvax Lotos Speed which is available from polished bliss who are sponsors on here and excellent to deal with. i have purchased many products from them based on their informative and detailed write-ups on the products they sell and use.
regards
todds
todds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to todds For This Useful Post:
Chris Dyson (20-06-2018)
Old 18-06-2018, 09:27 PM   #3
prototype_uk
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by todds View Post
I believe in uniformity of car care products are they are generally made to act in tandem. i would look at Swissvax Lotos Speed which is available from polished bliss who are sponsors on here and excellent to deal with. i have purchased many products from them based on their informative and detailed write-ups on the products they sell and use.
regards
todds
Wow, I love Swissvax but £29 is a bit too expensive for me. I'm already skint from buying their Shield and Best of Show products I know you get what you pay for though
prototype_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 03:51 PM   #4
Blueberry
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 4,087 Times in 2,588 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_uk View Post
Wow, I love Swissvax but £29 is a bit too expensive for me. I'm already skint from buying their Shield and Best of Show products I know you get what you pay for though

It is very gif though
Blueberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 04:28 PM   #5
westerman

I asked a similar question recently. I'm shortly going to apply AG Ultra HD wax and I didn't want to 'adulterate' it by washing with anything that contains another wax or such.
So on the advice of others I have ordered AG Ultra HD Shampoo which is from the same stable as it were.

If you find Swissvax too steep in price, maybe the AG UHD shampoo may be alright for you. Check it out it gets good reviews, is VERY soapy and slick and leaves nothing behind that would affect your wax.

I picked it up on Ebay for £15.99 for a Litre

Harry
westerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 08:22 AM   #6
Chris Dyson
PC Perfectionist

I hesitate to suggest this because of the price (£34.00) but Swissvax Nano Express is perfect for topping up inbetween waxes. Like a lot of Swissvax products you only need a little so it does last a vrey long time.
Chris Dyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 08:31 AM   #7
Brian1612

Thanked 3,155 Times in 2,077 Posts
Save yourself a substantial amount of money and buy a well priced pure shampoo. Either Adams, Carchem 1900:1 or britemax puremax will work perfectly well.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Brian1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brian1612 For This Useful Post:
Crackers (20-06-2018)