Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 21-03-2017, 11:23 PM   #11
chongo
"Professor"

Thanked 4,756 Times in 2,895 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hereisphilly View Post
Kiwami on top of fusso is a very good combo, lasts a very long time

Sent from my Pixel+C using Tapatalk
This is the answer am looking for have you used the both together mate and any tips
chongo is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chongo For This Useful Post:
Hereisphilly (22-03-2017)
Old 22-03-2017, 12:17 AM   #12
O.C.D Waxes
DW Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naith View Post
Do you ship to Spain? That's something else I need to consider (there is a supplier here in Spain of Soft99 products)...
That's not a problem Naith, we can ship to Spain, the price is £12.00 for 1st Class Tracked shipping.
O.C.D Waxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 01:23 AM   #13
Naith
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C.D Waxes View Post
That's not a problem Naith, we can ship to Spain, the price is £12.00 for 1st Class Tracked shipping.
I'm afraid that makes the Nebula twice the price of the Kiwami for me. That's more or less made the decision for me!

Ah well, perhaps I'll get some Nebula next time I'm in the UK - unless yet another wax has been released that betters it!!!
Naith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 01:50 PM   #14
Hereisphilly
Dw Reviewer

Thanked 1,860 Times in 1,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chongo View Post
This is the answer am looking for have you used the both together mate and any tips
Sure have my friend

Fusso (dark) is quite fussy (get it? ) in its application so if its even slightly warm outside its a strict 1 panel at a time and buff jobby. Dusts a bit once cured but should remove cleanly enough and doesn't leave behind any oils etc
Damp applicator can help

Kiwami is less of a pain, probably get away with 2 panels before buffing, and is slightly more oily. Still removes fine

I left an hour between layers but you can probably leave 20 mins or so given how fast fusso cures

Oh and grab some of Authentic Premium apps from nipponshine, fit the tins perfectly and very precise when applying. Don't use the app included with fusso as its pretty rough

Good luck!
Hereisphilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 02:10 PM   #15
chongo
"Professor"

Thanked 4,756 Times in 2,895 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hereisphilly View Post
Sure have my friend

Fusso (dark) is quite fussy (get it? ) in its application so if its even slightly warm outside its a strict 1 panel at a time and buff jobby. Dusts a bit once cured but should remove cleanly enough and doesn't leave behind any oils etc
Damp applicator can help

Kiwami is less of a pain, probably get away with 2 panels before buffing, and is slightly more oily. Still removes fine

I left an hour between layers but you can probably leave 20 mins or so given how fast fusso cures

Oh and grab some of Authentic Premium apps from nipponshine, fit the tins perfectly and very precise when applying. Don't use the app included with fusso as its pretty rough

Good luck!
Cheers matey and pretty crap joke see it's going to be a bit warmer tomorrow but I can apply the both in the shade so apply fusso then remove straight away or leave it to cure for how long ??

The app that is included you say it can be rough so basically any damp foam app will do then bud does Kiwami make any significant change in the gloss on top of fusso or maybe just apply two coats of Kiwami and leave fusso for October time, what do you think mate and it's for my car
chongo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 04:57 PM   #16
Hereisphilly
Dw Reviewer

Thanked 1,860 Times in 1,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chongo View Post
Cheers matey and pretty crap joke see it's going to be a bit warmer tomorrow but I can apply the both in the shade so apply fusso then remove straight away or leave it to cure for how long ??

The app that is included you say it can be rough so basically any damp foam app will do then bud does Kiwami make any significant change in the gloss on top of fusso or maybe just apply two coats of Kiwami and leave fusso for October time, what do you think mate and it's for my car
Yep it was a terrible joke! I removed it almost straight away, you might get away with leaving for a couple of minutes, but its one that doesn't like to be left long. You'll need arms like popeye if you do!

Yeah any soft damp foam app will be way better than the rough **** one that's included, it feels lethal

Tbh I found them very similar, kiwami maybe less glassy and doesn't last as long, but looks a tad warmer. It still lasts a good while (+4 months) so in
summer it'd be fine.
Both very hydrophobic, fusso slightly more so, but if you are layering with kiwami, it wont be any different than 2x kiwami

Hereisphilly is offline   Reply With Quote