Detailing World Forum banner

Calling all classic owners.

383K views 112 replies 81 participants last post by  Jet1ok 
#1 ·
#92 ·
Some fantastic old cars in here.....

the two that stand out for me are the Fiat 131....uber cool cars. And also the 4 litre TR8.....wow :thumb:

Here are some pictures of mine...already been posted up a while back on the main forum. Its coming off the road at the end of this month for financial reasons but whilst its off, ill be going through the whole car topside and underneath and restoring it to as good a condition as budgets will allow. Once done she will be "relaunched".....

When i turned up to buy it: Mine is the one next to the maroon one. Been there in the field for a while....

Engine bay when i started on it.....

How it is now....

#108 ·
Have you ever had a problem with rust on the tailgate, the dip between the glass and metal, I had two tailgates on mine in the first year of ownership back in 92 replaced by my local VW garage, I sold it when it came again on the second tailgate, was a really nice car apart from that.

#113 · (Edited)
Lots of posts have asked exactly what is classed as a classic - although this is open to debate generally the "official" view in the old car world ( in the U.K.) is that classic status was any vehicle registered or built before January 1976 which was also the date allowed by the DVLA to allocate "Historic" status to you vehicle and meant that you don't have to pay road tax on it. - they updated tax exemption to a 40 year rolling exemption in January this year so some might class this 40 year rolling rule as the new Classic status applier.

For older vehicles again (UK status)
Vehicle built prewar 1930 to 1939 = post vintage
Vehicle built prior to 1930 to 1919 = vintage
Prior to 1919 = veteran

Please note that I'm not in any way saying that if you don't fall into the above category you shouldn't be here or posting etc - this is how peeps get interested in classics etc and I can appreciate any car that is older than the computer controlled "moderns" on the forecourts today even if it's not "officially classed as a classic etc. After all if your on DW you're feeling the love for your /others cars etc.

I've had concours classics in the past although now gone post vintage (the unwashed!!!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.