Detailing World Forum banner

Bonelorry's Lemon Yellow Daily

21K views 49 replies 23 participants last post by  bonelorry 
#1 ·
Thought I would share my latest purchase with you all, As mentioned in my Golf R thread, I decided that I wanted to have a break from expensive cars and that I was going to sell it. The Golf sold on Saturday morning but I had already managed to find a suitable daily driver.

After looking relentlessly for about a Month on Autotrader, Pistonheads, Ebay, Gumtree and a few owners clubs I managed to find a lovely little Skoda Fabia VRS TDI on the Briskoda Owners Club, It is a 2 owner from new car which has covered just 68K Miles and has been very well looked after by its previous owners and ticked all the right boxes in terms of what I am after.

Sneaky Pic...

Just a teaser shot for now, The car is currently in Winter Mode on its Steelies and is not going to be used over the next Week until the Golf has gone hopefully next Weekend. I will post some proper pictures of the car once it has had its first Detail.

6/3/17...

On early shifts this Week, The Sun was shining and I had a decent finish time this afternoon so decided to make a start on the Fabia.

When I first buy a car and carry out its first Wash/Detail in my ownership I like to spend additional time on area's that you do not always see such as all the Door Shuts, Wheel Arches and Engine bay. As well as doing a Basic wash and prepping the Paint for Polishing/Waxing.

Made some decent progress today and did what I call a basic enhancement Detail, I will be giving the Fabia a Machine Polish at some point soon but for now...

: Thorough Rinse, All Door Shuts, Boot Shut, Fuel Filler Cap and Bonnet Shuts. Using APC to High Concentrate and Detailing Brush
: Full Exterior Wash, 2 Bucket Method, Megs Shampoo & Lambswool Mitt
: Wheels cleaned using Bilberry
: Trolley Jack used, Jacked up a corner at a time and All x Four Wheel Arches Deep Cleaned
: Underneath of Sills Scrubbed using soft bristle brush and APC to High Concentrate
: Paint Clayed
: Paint De-Tarred
: Towel Dried
: Hand Polished using Autoglym SRP, Removed with Microfibre
: 1 x Layer of Collinites no:845 Wax Applied using Soft Applicator, Removed with Microfibre
: Glass Cleaned inside and out using Autoglym Fast Glass
: Wheel Arches dressed using Aerospace 303

: Engine bay de-greased, Turrets cleaned, Engine Cover removed and cleaned, Engine bay dressed using Aerospace 303

Couple of pics from todays efforts...

Not much came off the paint when I clayed it however I always use a separate piece on the lower half of the car below the door mouldings and this is what came off...

The Rear doors had some soft plastic adhesive door edge protectors fitted which just had to be removed, This is what I was left with...

All left over Glue residue taken car of using Autoglym Tar Remover, Then the areas where Hand Polished. You would never even know they where ever fitted now...

Wheel Arches deep cleaned and dressed...

Engine Bay post Detail...

Mint seats, Been covered for the past 8 Years...

See less See more
#42 ·
2/5/17...

The Man Cave is up!

Just got to fill it with Man Stuff LOL, I am having an Electrician to install Power to the Garage and will be getting probably 4 Florescent Strip Lights along with a a few Plug Sockets in various places, A tool Box, Work Bench and some Shelving/Racking.

It is more than big enough inside! Should have no worries carrying out Minor Mechanical Work and Detailing in there, Hoping to fit a couple of Motorbikes in there too.

Great investment, Very happy that I finally have a decent Garage. I can foresee many hours of my time spent in here LOL.

#48 ·
Any updates on the car and the garage ?
Apologies for the lack of updates!

I still have the Fabia VRS been about 7 Months now and it has been a very good purchase after selling the Golf R in March, Just had a Full Service and Rear Discs and Pads using Genuine Parts. It still gets Detailed most Weeks and will soon be getting the Winter Steelies fitted. I will get some more pictures of it very soon!

The Garage is now finished, The Ramp was broken up and re-laid with a less severe angle on the ramp, The Base was given a 2 x Part Resin Coating which is Water Resistant, I then had Power Installed with Strip Lights and Sockets and have fully Carpeted it using Heavy Duty Carpet Tiles.

I also have a new found love of Motorbikes, I have just sold my CBR600 and have purchased a Honda CB500 as a Winter Bike.

Plan is to have a small collection of Bikes and having a break from Cars, Ofcourse I will be keeping the Fabia as a daily but I doubt I will be buying a second Car now to keep in the Garage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.