Detailing World Forum banner

BMW E38 750iL Individual

68K views 135 replies 49 participants last post by  Mik3 
#1 ·
Hi. Got a project thread on another forum so I'll just copy and paste it on here.

There is loads of updates which I'll add alittle later

UPDATE. New car !!!!!

Well after a long 6 months of searching and wasting £800 looking at cars that's wasn't up to stratch or just dodgy sellers I finally got a replacement for the m3

Always always loved the e38 and could only be a v12 with pretty much every option

It's a individual spec and was when new around 105k

Had a good trip back from Cambridge and credit to the pervious owner who looked after it well. Does need a couple of little things to sort out but nothing major

Here some pics the seller took. I'll get some taken soo and list the full spec

See less See more
#118 ·
That is a stunning car. I've had lots of Jags and Daimlers and that puts every last one of them to shame. The equipment levels are staggering for a car made in 1997. Its also a very elegant colour combination.

To think they replaced this with the clumsy E65 models...

#119 ·
Thanks. I am quite fond of a big jag. Maybe get one in the future.

The option lists for these cars are crazy

Fax machine, fridge, active cruise control, rear tv and video player, heated steering wheel and then you could get it in any colour leather and wood trim if you had deep pockets

The e65/66 are just horrible.

#120 ·
Thanks. I am quite fond of a big jag. Maybe get one in the future.

The option lists for these cars are crazy

Fax machine, fridge, active cruise control, rear tv and video player, heated steering wheel and then you could get it in any colour leather and wood trim if you had deep pockets

The e65/66 are just horrible.
My dad had an E38 740 Genuine sport a while back and now has an e66 730LD.
them more time you spend in one the more it grows on you.

however Im constantly online looking for a nice Individual or great spec E38 for myself because it looks more aggressive :driver:

#121 ·
I'm not really keen on the exterior styling of the E65 but I could get over that. It's all the silver painted plastic in the E65 that really ruins the experience for me. That and the wood also looks a bit plastic.

Interesting to read that active cruise was available on the E38, I did not realise that. Does yours have soft close doors? It was an option on the 1997 S-class (I had a 1999 Mercedes S-class that had soft close doors) so I wondered if it was an option on the E38.

#124 ·
Know what you mean. Quality is not as good

Active cruise was very late in the production and very few cars have it.

The e38 never came with soft close doors. Has a soft close boot and also you could spec a auto open/close boot. Something I like to retrofit

The e65 came tug soft close doors

#130 ·
Not sure which car has the active cruise first. I know the W220 S class had it in 1997 so it was likely the first.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

#132 ·
Just checked Wikipedia and it says Mitsubishi released the first laser active cruise control back in 1992, but the first radar
system was from Mercedes and came out in 1999 (so my dates are off!).

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

#134 ·
The gloss on that bodywork is fantastic - you did a great job preparing the car. It's also an amazing colour anyway though!

One thing I'd love to know; I have used a couple of my cars as wedding cars and never know where to attached the ribbons. Last time I attached them to the grab handles and the bar that the bonnet closure mechanism clips onto, but I am never sure what's right. What did you attached them to?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.