Detailing World Forum banner

Our Little Jazz.

15K views 41 replies 11 participants last post by  footfistart 
#1 ·
So as some of you are aware I have a couple of projects on the go. One coming to an end which is the fiesta and this one is taking its place in the ranks.
We were meant to be getting rid of the fiesta but the day if the exchange the car wouldn't start and was completely dead. Turned out the car blew some fuses. So we had to pay full price for it for 3200 as we needed it really. So now I've got three cars. The fiesta is currently up for sale at 1250 so we shall see if that disappears soon.

So our new family work horse is of course a little Honda Jazz I-DSI sport. It's a 1.4 82bhp family hatch in blue. It's got now 74800 on the clock. I have had this car just over a week and I have already out 500 miles through but I'll get to that in a minute.

It's got full history with a fair bit of paperwork which is always good. It's just been serviced only an oil change but the gearbox oil has been changed which is essential business for one of these as the gearboxes can be abit temperamental if not treated correctly.

It failed it's last MOT with a corroded brake caliper and rear discs worn to limits so they were changed and now has ZERO ADVISORIES with a brand new MOT on it.

The reason why we got this is because the fiesta was getting abit small as a run about with family growing. It's got isofix which for my Mrs was a must as she doesn't like the idea of strapping little man in which is fair enough. Also we wanted something more reliable and I think a Honda was a good choice.

So these were the pictures when we saw the car.

I've been using the car to go to and from Heathrow as my estate is not road worthy due to a dead instrument cluster and the MOT is not far from expiring. That's awaiting some warranty work. The jazz has been faultless driving. It's not the quickest or the fastest but it will happily sit at 70mph@2500rpm doing 50mpg.

I gave the car a wash today and I wish I didn't. Because of the dark colour it was covering all of the stone chips, scuffs and scratches.

I have found some sanding marks which will easily polish out.
The alloys are hanging. They need a refurbishment.

The tyres are alright just all sorts of brands so eventually they will all be the same.

This is what it currently looks like after an apc foaming and a good wash. Paint needs to be clayed as its rough. But this will happen when I machine it. I used bsd as a drying aid and then used it again afterwards. From a distance it looks good. Closer not so good :(

Sanding marks?

So plans......

Well I think I'll just take it as it comes and just give it what it needs with perhaps some upgrades which will be OEM style.

First thing to get is an arm rest. :)

Ryan

See less See more
#34 ·
I've just been speaking to someone on a jazz forum in relation to my outside air temperature sensor bot working and he is quite close to a breakers yard where you can turn up and grab bits and prices are extreamly low. The sensor is 8 including VAT so I also asked if he could look at a spoiler that was also on this car in the breakers and if it's a good one he will send it to me. The place is called u-pull-it. They are based in York and Edinburgh I think.

So it will be cool of no can get a spicier for it radically if the spoiler is less than 20! Then must need to ship not get it painted and fitted :)

So some small stuff in the pipeline for this :)

Ryan

#35 ·
Not much of an update but the car has clocked 76k with an average of 48mpg. Not too bad for a trolley runner.

A kind gentleman from a jazz forum went to York (work) and whilst he was there went to the breakers which I mentioned earlier and sent me a spoiler, and three sensors.

The spoiler is a different colour and will need spraying and fitting.

I should be fitting the sensor in the next few days and see what happens.

The brakes seem to rub on the front as there excessive heat from them and sometimes smell if the brakes stick. I found this out as I released the throttle and the car didn't roll as well and does it most of the time now. So my brother in law is looking at it on Sunday along with sorting out the hand brake.

Ryan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#36 ·
Car is having some work done this weekend all being well.

Front discs and pads as the front left is playing up abit still. The fluid will be changed also to help with the brake feel. Hand brake is also being adjusted as its pathetic. A wet paper bag has more stopping power than the hand brake. It's about 75% travel before it does anything. It may need a new cable but we will see about that.

Other than that not much. Don't want to sped my money all at once :)

Ryan

#37 ·
So I'm waking this up as I now own the car after a break up and what not.

The car has been as good as gold. Just hit 83000 miles and all its had so far is: four new tyres as the old ones were crap, rear trailing arms left and right. Left was bad so I thought I'd change both, realigned.

It's had roughly 11k put though it and averages around 53mpg. Not bad really. I did find out that super unleaded isn't great fortune car and ran worse on it. I did a run to Wales and back (380miles in a day) and it did 46mpg. I usually get on a 30 Mile run to Heathrow of a round 58mpg.

It's due a service so it will need eight sparks, all fluids and filters except fuel filter as that's a life time item.

This was going to be done until someone rear ended the car. He must of been going around 20mph. Nothing too fast but the jazz isn't as solid as a bimmer. It was almost written off but they are repairing the boot instead of replacing it which I don't mind. Can't afford to get another car.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

#39 ·
Where the buggy was in the car... only just fits and it broke a plastic bracket which is meant to keep the buggy down when collapsed which it doesn't. The boot is surprisingly small and have to take the wheels off to squeeze it in. Fits very snug between the rear seat and the boot surround

I've had it a couple of years now but I've had to buy another one now.

#41 ·
Well it was around 20-25mph so not exactly a slight but anyways. Small cars with small boots vs bigger car driving into the back of it don't add up well.

Anyways car will be back with me by the end of this month. Only thing is tax is due at the end of the month and the insurance is now 706! For a 26 year old and eight years with nothing against me but now with this accident which hasn't done again my policy I get the joys of increased premiums.

#42 ·
Got the car back. it looks very good. pretty please with how it looks. shame how I've got to tax and insure it again. Was sad to see the hybrid go as it was quick for what it was and yet 90mpg over 540miles! That wasn't driving likens granny either.

More to come
Ryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.