Detailing World Forum banner

Tom's Garage, Audi A4 BT-Quattro Project from Greece

577K views 1K replies 143 participants last post by  Rab W19 
#1 · (Edited)
Audi A4 BT-Quattro Project from Greece

Hello from Greece. My name is Mike. I have been following Detailing World, for some years now, without writing.
Cars are my love, my passion, like most of the people who are in this forum. I was mostly into Studio, Showroom, and of course, in the Projects and Restorations area.

The purpose of this thread, is to show you the progress of my own project. Well one of my projects, the one that takes most of my time.
The car itself is an Audi A4 B7 (8E) Model, 1800cc 20valve Turbo engine inside, and ofcourse, Quattro.

I started modifying it, from the minute I got it in my hands, and the story starts from June 2008. It is a long story, and some of you in here, may know this car already, since it is featured in more fora here and there.
However, I will show progress from start to finish, little by little, so that it has interest to all followers :)

So, let us begin.

It took me not a whole lot of time to begin the mods - First was the exhaust to be modified.

Old exhaust

New cat back exhaust

(the car was initially going for a big turbo, therefore, i chose a 76mm pipe)

Some photos of me when i took the car from my dad [wrench]

with my friend's big turbo MKV GTI, Tom, who is also in charge of my whole build of this car :)

gauges installed

My man who made the gauges work, XM Vaggelis Xaitas at Greece

Ready for suspension, Custom PSS9 racing @ Kirlagkitsis Greece (u can see on the right a racing Impreza)

Gauges almost finished

On the road to Athens

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Carbon Pedals by Sparco

Steering wheel removed with RUF snap off hub

No way u can steel my car, xaxaxaxa, LoL

Waiting for the new alcantara boot

Removed Rear Seats (really really pain in the ass though)

XM, Xaitas Vaggelis, Χαιτας Ευαγγελος, at Thessaloniki, the man that takes care of my interior (waiting for new gauge pod at both side vents, plus a plastic between the defi link and the hazards

And Jamsport, the man taking care of my Suspension, Κυρλαγκιτσης, Kirlagkitsis, Greece

#5 ·
Debadged

New Lip

New Lap Timer that goes onto the steering wheel

And more pics in my garage back then

Some pics of the interior (w/o the new shift boot)

My fire eχtinguisher by Sparco, placed at the back temporarily

Some engine bay shots

Some of the sensors of the gauges

Painted Caps

New alcantara shift boot

and the new button colours in my chronometer :p

#8 ·
Thank you my friend.

For all readers of this build thread, all I can say, is that the car's current power levels, are way above 500hp, with an amazing weight to power ratio, of less than 2 . But we will get to how the car got there . . .

#10 ·
Here is the thing.

312mm OEM brakes are GREAT for the power the car had at that stage- not more than 200hp at crank - At my current stage however - 2012 that is- the car has some 8pot goodies to take stopping experience to another level.

But we will get to that :thumb:

Thank you for your good words :D

#12 ·
Received my custom gauge pod, for the two remaining defis on my car...
After a long long waiting...Worthwhile though, despite the cost of it...

Here are some pics...

All this, done by this shop in Greece

Evangelos Xaitas, XM Designs

Well, here is the pod installed

#15 ·
Then came the Fixed bucket seats time

I decided to remove the co-driver's seat, as the two new seats are on their way, and I needed to try some things before they came...

Here are some pics...

(Removed the seatbelt from the seat)

Unscrew four Torx Bolts, 2 front and 2 rear (lift the seat to unscrew the rear easily)

Take the fuses out

And now the seat is in my place

Some engine mount modifications...Actually the seat mounts are from Golf V, by Sparco FIA approved and they are almost identical, so with a two-minutes' work ,everything is ready....

:driver::driver:​

#16 ·
I took this part off, to save weight, it weights 4kgs, but then put it back on, cause I had nowhere to put things into :p

Some more pics after a good wash

And some fluids cause my car was thirsty

And the two heatshields I got from EvoMs

And then ordered these babies

8-pot , 330mm, but with the caliper in blue as my car [:D]​

#18 ·
I received something...something...COOL i might say...
lets see what...

The beggining of disassembly

The things that caused us the trouble, not cause they were wrong, but because the guidelines were WRONG...

Some stuff

Brake Fluids

Torquewrench by BETA

LOCTITE needed

Brake Lines

The spacers that I brought that inthe end wherent needed LUCKILY

Starting to put things on...

BrakeLines and BrakeFLuids

First look, and couldnt be any happier

#22 ·
Hello there Kevin, and thank you for your feedback.

I removed those stickerss some time afterwards, and so did I for the pods on the steering column. Stay tuned there are many, and I mean many updates to follow - both appearance-wise, and hp-wise as well :thumb:

Mike

#26 ·
Thank you very much sir.
I disagree on that for two reason. I like the S4 wheels very much.
However they are both heavy, I mean really heavy in comparison to my UltraLeggeras, and what is more, they are 17in sized- let alone that they are classy-looking wheels in a more track-oriented car. ;)

Looks good, keep going with the updates :thumb:
:thumb::thumb:

Have you got a teaser pic of how the car looks at the moment? ;)
Yes, I do actually

:censored::censored::censored:

#28 ·
First Engine Power-Up - Stock Turbo

The story is, I decided to get some more power even on the stock turbo, so as to be a bit quicker on the track...The car had an overboost of 0,5bars and the car was bearly moving...hahaha...So with the help of Etuners in Greece, we gained some power...However the stock fuel injectors were very small,but the used ones had 12% more fuel supply from my stock ones...

Let the pics speak for themselves

ECU cap that had to be removed (easily cause I hadnt put the rear screw on purpose the time i had the cap painted)

Then we saw this cover which is OEM and is for security...

but with the use of this...

We made this...

and so we removed it....

and then took it off to reprogram it...

We removed the stock injectors, and put on the bigger ones

here are those I had on the car, that would only give fuel cuts

and here is the result of all this, and a happy smile on my face... [:)]

The car was, approximately +45-50 hp than before...The maf measurement showed it...
Well, it was a Pimp My Ride period back then...hahaha​

#29 ·
Then I got into installing the RS4 rear sway

We lifted the car

The exhaust had to come down a little

Then, we had to remove the old stock swaybar

here it is

Then time to put on the new one

Verry happy with the result and the process. The cost is low as well. A definately to-do mod​

#30 ·
Time for some more weight removal

Had some free time, so I decided to try once again to remove some stuff I wanted and I hadent managed it the first time...

This was a real pain in the ass, and I am getting bored from now, just thinking how i could put it back...

I removed a lot of weight though...Check it out

First I removed the sub and the big grey part, along with the mid harness

Then I continued to take out the rest

however I have to put back again a third stop light...either the stock one, or another one which is easy too...​

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.