Detailing World Forum banner

Ford puma's 1.7 saving them from the scrapyard

33K views 60 replies 36 participants last post by  littlejack 
#1 ·
Hello people and welcome to my progress thread on a couple of ford puma's, The story started when i sold my very much loved scooby :mad:and had no car, at this time my sisters other half was having problems with there puma and a local garage told them the engine was on its last legs as there was a funny noise coming from it and said it needed to be scrapped and he would give them £40 for it.
My sister said i could have it and do what i want with it so it was dropped to my workshop and was greeted with this from her other half.

He was a builder by the way but i could not believe the state of it and began the strip out and clean straight away.

The passenger floor was soaking wet and sorted that by cleaning up under the scuttle pannel and sealing it up with silicone.

And after a quick wash and polish it started looking a bit respectable, The noise from the engine was the cambelt tensioner so replaced with new belt + tensioner + water pump and was all good, it failed the mot on one tyre replaced with new and off i went. :thumb:

Thats about all i can type today as my eyes are going crossed but will upload some more progress tomorrow.

See less See more
#59 ·
Hi people I cant believe that it has been this long since my last post, I have had a lot of problems at home and just getting back into the swing of things.
I just wanted to finish of this thread.

So here are the finished pics of the Puma.

But for some reason the camera still picked up the blue so i messed around with the settings and this is the colour that my eyes saw it as. ( sorry for the water marks i had just washed it )

I am glad that i have finished up this thread and have just bought a Alfa Romeo 156 for £270 of ebay so watch out for my next thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.