Detailing World Forum banner

BMW E38 750iL Individual

68K views 135 replies 49 participants last post by  Mik3 
#1 ·
Hi. Got a project thread on another forum so I'll just copy and paste it on here.

There is loads of updates which I'll add alittle later

UPDATE. New car !!!!!

Well after a long 6 months of searching and wasting £800 looking at cars that's wasn't up to stratch or just dodgy sellers I finally got a replacement for the m3

Always always loved the e38 and could only be a v12 with pretty much every option

It's a individual spec and was when new around 105k

Had a good trip back from Cambridge and credit to the pervious owner who looked after it well. Does need a couple of little things to sort out but nothing major

Here some pics the seller took. I'll get some taken soo and list the full spec

See less See more
#60 ·
Peach of an engine, but running/repair costs can be scary! My dad brought the previous version of the 750i (5.0) new, back in 1991. He only got rid of it last year due to electrical issues, and because of that, all it did was sit in the driveway for the last few years. :(

#65 ·
Update.

17/04/16

Had loads going on recently so been quiet on the car front. Took it to a mate to have a look at a starting issue I had where the starter motor wouldn't disengage . New relay and all working as it should.

Fitted my chrome line door pins and chromeline grills. Adds abit more class to the car.

Got the fire extinguisher fitted after some head scratching also fitted the new mats

Little individual option you can't buy from BMW anymore so I made my own

Tissue box

And today was the first BMW show this year. We took both cars so both got the full treatment. Was a stunning day at sherboure castle. Good laughs with good mates

Should have some better pics of mine at the show coming soon

#69 · (Edited)
That looks absolutely stunning. A great turn around of a wonderful car. My dad bought one new in 1996 for around £75k. He complained when it turned up because it didn't have the V12 badges on the rear flank. They were duly added by the dealer. I was lucky to do a fair amount of driving in it. At the same time James Bond drove one in Tomorrow Never Dies as a hefty product placement for BMW. It caused a bit of an uproar because it wasn't an Aston.

#72 ·
The v12 badges were added by BMW uk dealers only as most people who had one moaned about not having some sort of badge like that.

I remember my dad went to Brent Cross shopping centre in London. Filming was going on in the car park for that famous scene

#85 ·
Cheers mate. Me too just love driving the thing

Little update. Because my car was built late 97 it had the older p cd changer which meant trying to get a iPod connection impossible. If it was a few months newer it would of had the later style pi changer with a 3 pin connector.

Spoke to a local lad with a e38 740i who had the same issues but who worked a way around it, so I ordered a intravee 2 which you connect a alpine kca-420i which you then connect a iPod to. It gives full iPod control via the screen and steering wheel aswell as display on the screen the high obc in the cluster aswell as the mid in the rear arm rest. A dsp adaptor was needed as I had a dsp amp and today he wires it all up for me. **** around a hour and all is working as it should. So good to have more music available to me rather than a radio and just 6 CDs

Also with the intravee you can get loads of hidden a options to work. I need to work out how all that works

This is dave's 740i and mine in the front looking like a 4x4

#86 ·
Have you played with the options on the Imtravee thingamajig whatsit yet? I read Neil's M5 thread on here where he fitted one and it let him do a few cool things! Just wondering if the E38 can be played with in the same way.
I definitely like the idea of everything looking OE but still can't get my head round the price - mine has DSP also - (I am quite tight though), especially when I'd have to buy an iPod as well. Currently play Spotify through my phone plugged into the AV jack but it's not stereo :(.
Maybe if there's cool options then I could justify it!

#87 ·
Not yet but the other car I. The pic above has all the cool features working on his so it should work

I got the intravee new. The alpine unit sh for £40 and dsp adaptor for £35. I will be using my iPhone and just ordered a 30 pin to lighting adaptor. Been told you can still have full control and have either Spotify oe Apple Music to work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.