Detailing World Forum banner

Astra J GTC - Jonika

14K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  Jonika21 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello guys. My name is JoĂŁo and im from Portugal. I've been here for a long time, so i decided i should open a progress thread. Hope you like it as much as i do.

My car is a GTC 1.7 130bhp, still stock. It came with 18" wheels, bluetooth, eletric parking brake and front and back parking sensors.

I bought it new in 2012.

Some mods i've done so far :

- HID 5000k

- Sidelights CREE LED 80W Pure White

- Mtech Short Shifter

- Original SharkFin

- Roof bars painted white

- Original Exaust Tip

- Original 20 inch rims

- Continental SportContact 6 245/35 R20

Mods i plan to do :

- Lowering Springs

- 12mm spacers

- OPC line spoiler

- Remap

- DPF off

- Navi

- OPC Steering Wheel

- OPC Gearstick

Mods i would like do but don't have money to :

- OPC Bumpers

- OPC Sideskirts

- OPC Recaros

Some photos :

See less See more
#3 ·
nice clean lines , gearbox needs the Mtec short shifter,standard GTC needs lowering due to wheel arch size.
VXR (OPC) parts are slowly becoming available here in UK through e-bay , but are still expensive .
Car vision do a replacement for the standard info system, basically plug & play.
will watch the progress.
mac

#6 ·
Thank you for all the info mate.. im not going for car vision. Their gps is too expensive for what it can do and i've allready read some bad feedback about their support. Next thing to do is buying some products for cleaning and then will lower it !

Looks awesome mate, nice and shiny.. look forward to the updates and mods.

Simmo.
Thank you mate !

Lovely jubbly, very nice modification.
Thank you my friend !

I like it. But then I'm bias because I have one, 64 in blue. What navi are you installing? The nav I had in my 2011 insignia OE supplied sucked, hence why I wasn't really bothered by not having it in the GTC.
I think im going for an android system.
You can check some at iceboxauto.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

#24 · (Edited)
Hello again. Some fresh news. Onstar antenna with Calearo Fm radio module integrated.
I've bought a cheap Onstar antenna from ebay and painted it to white. The only reason why I changed it was because the first oem antenna I had was too small to fit the calearo module, my radio recepcion was bad and now its working really good.

Meanwhile eibach pro kit was fitted too. I'm really happy with it for daily drive, it's 30mm lower, confort wasn't compromised and the handling is a bit better.

That's it for now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.