Detailing World Forum banner

Astra Mk5 888 - 021/100

6K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  vaughanmc 
#1 ·
Not really took many photos of this motor but spent a few quid on it already. Had all the 5 alloys blasted & refurbished. Changed them from the original satin grey colour to Vauxhall Asteriod Grey (Gloss) to change it up a bit. Put on some textbook Mk4 Astra mudflaps!

It's had a full service and a reconditioned Turbo unit fitted as it sheared a stud in the head so made sense to replace the lot including all exhaust gaskets too.

Other than that, the car wants a little tidying up here & there but it's not bad for 11 years old and nearly 100k miles. Great motor to drive and ticks every box for a fast economical daily driver

888 (021) is also featured in the brochure along with a black 888 (Unknown number) I guess it adds a little to the cars history!

Gonna be adding my Alpine sound system and changing from the boring SRi cloth trim to a VXR interior! All to make it a better daily runner.

See less See more
#9 ·
Gearbox has been rebuilt twice so hopefully last a bit before any work needs done again!

It's tucked away in the garage again the Nova, ordered a Carcoon for it so waiting on that then it's back to my Nova GSi C20LET build! Need a fast toy again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.