Detailing World Forum banner

Screenwash

9K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  weedougall78 
#1 ·
Been working hard recently trying to get my windscreen clean. Now that I'm starting to get there, I got to thinking about the screenwash I use and does it make a difference?

So many varied brands available from the cheap stuff you buy at the local supermarket to the more expensive stuff you can get through most of the detailing stores.

Any help or advice would be most welcome.

#3 ·
used angelwax clarity and it smeared real bad, my windscreen did not like it at all. on top of angelwax h2go glass sealant and without.

using autoglym ultimate screen wash now and its awesome. doesnt cause any white marks on the trim etc and is wax safe
free delivery here http://www.autoglym-online.co.uk/shop/autoglym-ultimate-screenwash/

alien magic clear view sounds like good stuff, but never tried it, see what adrian on here says in the alien magic section

#4 · (Edited)
used angelwax clarity and it smeared real bad, my windscreen did not like it at all. on top of angelwax h2go glass sealant and without.
using autoglym ultimate screen wash now and its awesome. doesnt cause any white marks on the trim etc and is wax safe
I tried Clarity two years ago and noticed same smearing problem. I changed
to Autoglym Super Strength Screenwash Concentrate and it works very well :thumb:

#9 ·
The best stuff I've found is Sonax Xtreme Nano Pro Screenwash. Very very concentrated and brilliant in all conditions.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
That's what went gloopy in my bottle.
Granted it works well, but be careful if you have a BMW!
There is no anti bacterial in it, so bacteria can form and block the filter.
I think probably more of a BMW issue, than a generic one.

I use BMW fluid now, from BMW direct of eBay.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#23 ·
Well after hearing all the positive reviews on the Autoglym ultimate screen wash and the very helpful link[emoji1474]I went to a halfords my friend works for,and he done me this lot for £20 with his staff discount[emoji846]...

"RESULT" i look forward to trying it out and seeing how good it really is.If anyone one is looking for a bottle I would be fast as I took the last 10 in my local halfords and my mate said they are selling out fast through out the Halfords stores,So be quick!.....SJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.