Detailing World Forum banner

I'm fed up

9K views 51 replies 40 participants last post by  AndyA4TDI 
#1 ·
I can't be the only one on here that must be feeling a bit down with the weather, and unable to do something with their cars, is this routine of gales, rain, frost etc etc ever gonna end. Wouldn't it be good if we could have atleast a couple of good weekends.

#29 ·
Well just been out and given my wife (and probably some neighbours as well) a good laugh this morning - started to clean her car and then down came the snow and hail in a blizzard - along with thunder.

Needless to say I wasn't stopping and she has a clean car now, oh and tears running down her face from laughing at me so much :lol::lol::lol:

#33 ·
Got the Karcher out and washed both cars. For some reason, my wife had driven her C Class through a muddy car park (and we have an SUV)???
Foam wash x2
Wheels done with bilberry juice
Some hail stones
Her car washed and dried using microfibre towel.
more hail!!!
Repeated the process on X3
Two hours later it snowed a bit!

At least the muck has been washed off.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#34 ·
Got the Karcher out and washed both cars. For some reason, my wife had driven her C Class through a muddy car park (and we have an SUV)???
Foam wash x2
Wheels done with bilberry juice
Some hail stones
Her car washed and dried using microfibre towel.
more hail!!!
Repeated the process on X3
Two hours later it snowed a bit!

At least the muck has been washed off.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I had the same problem...started washing, light snow..stopped snowing. Carried on, hail..stopped hailing, carried on. Finished, 2 mins later, snow.

I hate winter and all it stands for!

#38 ·
Been out this morning showing young un how to work his new insanely complicated Fiat petrol cap (why Fiat, why?:wall::censored:) and it was sleeting sideways.

Next week is looking dry and warmer, we may even scrape into double figures, and I am off all week!!! :detailer::buffer:

#40 ·
So looking forward to this week, been watching the weather forecasts avidly and been consistently promised a dry week, so had it all planned out, full machine polish and protection on the Focus, wheels off and calipers painted, maybe even ceramic coat the wheels because I could leave them in the garage for 24 hours without have no to go anywhere. Also allowed a day to give the lads new Punto a full decon and clean, maybe even a bit of correction. Then got offered a full inside out valet on a neighbors car, fair trade for some work on my roof that needs doing.

So plans were made and even got to get ahead by doing an interior clean on the Focus ready for Gtechniq coatzing, and a good wash to get rid of the worst muck before starting to machine it, so a great start. Then I wake this morning to solid drizzle, knew it was going to Efrain last night so was expecting to do a normal pre-polish wash, but it’s just that stupid soak you through non-rain that won’t let up. Can’t even do the i1 coating because it’ll wet the seats as I’m spraying.

So a wasted day!

#45 ·
Must be honest I am getting hacked off waiting for an improvement with the salt crud and moisture on the roads the surfaces breaking up and the number of stone chips increasing.

A few false starts like this weekend where it was sunny and mild enough to actually work on a car but knowing we are in for blizzards,,,,, I mean, really?? what gives,,,,,,,

#49 · (Edited)
I haven't been into detailing for a while after I sold my BMW Z3 exactly a year ago. However, we finally got a replacement for it and my OH's car this week; a tidy 7 year old red Mercedes SLK.

Of course it's been sat on the drive covered in snow since my OH collected it. :( I'm itching to get out and give it a bit of a going over, especially the interior as the dealer did little other than vacuum it before collection by the looks of it. It's going to be a while though I reckon. :(

Attachments

#50 ·
I haven't been into detailing for a while after I sold my BMW Z3 exactly a year ago. However, we finally got a replacement for it and my OH's car this week; a tidy 7 year old red Mercedes SLK.

Of course it's been sat on the drive covered in snow since my OH collected it. :( I'm itching to get out and give it a bit of a going over, especially the interior as the dealer did little other than vacuum it before collection by the looks of it. It's going to be a while though I reckon. :(
Looks really nice, from what I can see of it. Enjoy detailing it. :buffer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.