Detailing World Forum banner

Wax Suggestions £20-£30

8K views 31 replies 25 participants last post by  Imprezaworks 
#1 ·
Hi All :wave:

Just after some suggestions for a cheap wax. Currently using a sealant int the form of FK1000p and then just top up during maintenance with BSD when required. Do like FK a lot but fancy dabbling in a wax (i'm sure that's how most of you started and how you end up with dozens of waxes :lol:).

Not overly bothered by long durability I'm more after the looks for those summer months where I don't mind reapplying every couple of months.

Want something for around £20-£30 if that's not too cheap.

Going on Ruby red metallic paint (hopefully I've attached correctly)

See less See more
#3 ·
Bilt Hamber DSW is nice and does last quite a while - sub £20

Lots of recommendations will arrive hopefully, kind of depends what you want.

My first modern wax was AG HD wax and I was very pleased with it, so much so got bought another one as a gift, which is still brand new / not used. Think I might have to sell it as still loads left in my original pot.

#5 ·
Not really in a position to compare other waxes as I've used synthetic sealents alot until now, i.e extra gloss protection, bit I recently picked up some meguiars tech 2.0 paste wax, Was £24 but very impressed with all round finish and beading.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

#16 ·
Thanks for the responses everyone,

If you want to try waxes from the cheaper end you can't go wrong with any of the waxed junkies range :thumb:
Thanks, at those prices I can get 3 waxes :lol:

You had any experience with any of them? Limelight is highly glossy according to their website.

Given that you use and enjoy FK1000p I would suggest you try out FKs 2685 Pink Wax. Same price, same huge tin, same effortless application and removal but it provides a lovely slick, deep finish.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I did think about that but was edging towards going to different brand as I assume that whilst they're obviously different products they will be made and blended in similar ways. Don't wanna be just a finish kare fan boy I want to experience other brands too :D

#19 ·
If durability isnt an issue and you want something that'll bring out the best in a nice rich red take a look at some classic waxes like victoria wax concourse red or collectors yellow from cleanyourcar, dodojuice orange crush or purple haze, or meguiars ultimate paste wax.

You can't beat the finish for cheaper imo

#30 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.