Detailing World Forum banner

PDR Dent removal advice required(urgent)

4K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  Zetec-al 
#1 ·
Hey,
I have found a mint one owner Sti, that I wish to buy.
The only issue is a door ding on one of the doors on the swage line. It is near edge of the door so no access behind. The dealerships PDR guy says it can not be removed. The Dent is fairly soft no sharp creases or paint damage, maybe 1mm deep.5mm in length.
Some of the PDR work amazes me, I am willing to drive anywhere in the country, will someone be able to remove the Dent?
Thoughts?
I have 24hrs to give the dealer a answer if I wish to buy the car or not.
Thanks
Dm

#2 ·
On a swage line there aren't many pdr guys that will attempt it. I would say find yourself a good pdr guy that can improve it but not fully remove it even so there is a chance the pant might crack.
Don't believe those pdr vids on youtube, using different camera angles can hide dents very well.

#3 ·
Had some PDR work carried out on my current Abarth at the point of purchase . Looks perfect now, shocked at what was removed. But as you say not on the swage line. If I purchase the car the Dent is all that I will see, no matter how good the deal is.
Thanks for your input
Dm

#20 ·
If you can find a company they maybe could get access to it by drilling a hole in the side of the door where the locks are and pushing it out via that .
I had a dent a few years ago in the middle of the door on the swath line and the dent guy said if I didn't let him drill the door he would have to take it to pieces , I did and he fixed it in less than 20 mins , In Carlisle though so a bit far for you .
Any photos of damage ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.