Detailing World Forum banner

I'm fed up

9K views 51 replies 40 participants last post by  AndyA4TDI 
#1 ·
I can't be the only one on here that must be feeling a bit down with the weather, and unable to do something with their cars, is this routine of gales, rain, frost etc etc ever gonna end. Wouldn't it be good if we could have atleast a couple of good weekends.

#9 ·
My M2 is totally filthy, so much so that you can just about see the number plate, it desperately needs a good maintenance wash, had it pencilled in for tomorrow but that is now a right off and all of next week will be bitterly cold :( here's hoping for milder dryer weather for next weekend.

#17 ·
I am in survival mode, Car is suffering because in 3 weeks of ownership I haven’t had a single long enough combination of free time and weather to get it to the point where I can put a decent protective layer on it. Don’t want to spend half a day putting two coats of wax and a gloss layer (I have Nebula, mmmmmmm!) only to have to remove it in a few weeks when I do a full machine polish on it. At the moment it’s a case of wash off the muck and throw some BSD on just to keep it going.

Managed to sneak in a quick wash on Friday, knowing Saturday was going to be a wash out, but even that meant finishing 4 nights work and making do with 2 hours sleep. Now after a days rain has churned up all of the road crud it’s back to square one again. Should be able to spend most of Sunday on it before going back to work on Monday but the rest of this week is looking to be cold and threatening snow.

Keeping everything crossed for February half term when I have a week to play with.

#18 ·
Glad to read this thread in a perverse kind of way, thought I was the only one getting depressed with This weather. Doesn’t help that I’m working from home 3 days a week, and results in some days not leaving the house.
Nothing better to give a lift than a day spent cleaning the X3. Roll on spring!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#21 ·
Depressing indeed. The last 4 weekends have been so unbelievably cold outside - i gave my daily one quick going over....and that's it in total. Felt kinda 'lost' not being able to get outside and enjoy some fresh air. So much so - going to work is actually appealing for once...

#22 ·
chin up guys as said spring is in sight. I gave my wheels a coat of wax last Thursday then gave the car a wash Friday and to day I have managed to give the inside a good clean as the weather was dry. but looks like all my hard work will be undone as I think the gritters will be out in force again

#23 ·
Same with me, I've been advertising for anyone with a dry unit to rent it me for the day. Seems the only nice days we have everyone's unable to do their car.

Does anyone use one of those quick up gazebo covers? Seen them at summer shows and just wondering how good they are. I'd even resort to ones with sides to be able to detail.

#24 · (Edited)
Count me in too! I'm desperate to get out there and give the car a proper contact wash but as with other people, I'm scraping by with the occasional snow foam just to keep the road salt at bay. On really bad days I at least try to run the hose over the car when I get back from work, but I know that's barely a half-measure!

I'm lucky my work has a multi-storey car park so at lunch I can do bits and pieces in the dry. There's even a water tap.

The only thing that keeps me from going crazy over it all is knowing that just before Christmas I gave her a full wash, decontamination and a coat of sealant while I had access to my in-laws garage and dry French weather! At least under all the grunge I know she is protected.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

#25 ·
Last summer I bought one of my dream cars a Integra DC5. I rushed all of the jobs needed such as a full service and underseal and didn’t really “enjoy” the car. I managed to get it protected but it kills me to hardly use it and when I do it’s covered in crap! Doesn’t help it’s white.

Got a proper wash in the other day with what I thought was being clever, the water started to freeze as I dried it :(

#27 ·
Same here - Washed my daily last Sunday (Black 55 plate Polo) and it was absolutely filthy by the time I got home from work the day after.

Grit and salt all over the car - I think it's just a case of letting the winter protection doing its thing and be ready for giving it some TLC once the nicer weather comes!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.