Detailing World Forum banner

Chase the swirls or live with them?

4K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  steelghost 
#1 ·
Ok, on a daily driver with light swirls would you

1, use a medium cut polish that finishes down well such as Ultimate Compound.

2, use a 2 step combination?

3, use a finishing polish to add gloss and then use something like BH cleanser polish?

Car is MK7 Golf and I only have one day spare to do it

Thanks

#3 · (Edited)
I'm assuming by machine?

Glare Micro Cut then finish with Professional Polish + is my first choice.

If the swirls are a bit more than "light" then you could add in Glare Spider.

Glare products are simply layered one on top of another so there's no need to panel wipe.

Top off with the wax of your choice if you feel like it. Probably no need :).

If you fancy something a bit more "traditional" then Scholl S20 should deal with light swirls probably on a purple Scholl spider pad (can go up to a Blue pad if needed).

Should do that quite easily in a day.

Good luck.

Andy.

#11 ·
I'm assuming by machine?

Glare Micro Cut then finish with Professional Polish + is my first choice.

If the swirls are a bit more than "light" then you could add in Glare Spider.

Glare products are simply layered one on top of another so there's no need to panel wipe.

Top off with the wax of your choice if you feel like it. Probably no need :).

If you fancy something a bit more "traditional" then Scholl S20 should deal with light swirls probably on a purple Scholl spider pad (can go up to a Blue pad if needed).

Should do that quite easily in a day.

Good luck.

Andy.
Being as I do have Glare in my kitbag, I'd be following something similar to what Andy outlines. I'd probably use S20 or even S3 (or whatever compound you might have to hand) to hit any RIDS on a spot pad, not to remove but reduce their appearance, then go over with the Glare or a finishing polish.

As another thought, Carpro Essence would seem to be worth a go - not used it myself but chongo raves about it :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.