Detailing World Forum banner

Detailing Around The House

6K views 28 replies 25 participants last post by  Rozzer32 
#1 ·
So, have any of you used your detailing skills (and products) around the house? If so, doing what, and using which products?

I've rain-x'd the shower screen, polished and waxed the waterfall taps, and also waxed the bathroom tiles (all be it a couple of years ago).

So, what have you done?

#17 ·
Just used a Flexipads Waffle Sponge to rinse soap residue off the shower cubicle followed by a Kaercher window vac and finally Dodo Juice Orange Plush microfibre to dry off. Still looks as good as it did when new.
Bilt Hamber Surfex HD for degreasing in the kitchen especially the cooker hood and also the bike chains.
The Metro Vac Sidekick has been used far more off the car than on it: drying Wheel Woolies, paint brushes, mountain bike cleaning and general blasting. The dog is not so keen though he runs off when I switch it on, maybe he thinks I'm going to blast him up the Khyber.

#20 ·
Spotted a neighbour throwing an old EPNS tankard in the bin George v1 coronation 1937. It was black with tarnish.
She said I could have it so took it in and hit it with silver polish then Megs Ultimate compound followed by Sonax perfect Finish. Looks a treat:thumb:

Well I know it's worth nothing but it's 81 yrs old and I just can't see things like that dumped? Also when I see something that needs polishing I like a challenge ;)

Harry

#29 ·
So the mrs went out last night and this morning was horrified to find denim transfer on her new expensive leather handbag. Couple of sprays of Gyeon leather cleaner and it’s back to looking new. She was delighted and hasn’t stopped thanking me, think I’ll save those brownie points for when I next need to make an expensive purchase.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.