Detailing World Forum banner

Recommended Wax - Biarritz Metallic Blue BMW

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Luke M 
#1 ·
Good evening all,

I have an E39 5 Series (1999). It's a weekend car and used in spring, summer and potentially autumn weather dependant. I live close enough to work to walk it easily so don't drive the car during the week typically.

It is SORN'd over the winter months.

The car is always locked in a dry garage in between use.

I'm looking for a nice summer wax. I know I'll get many different suggestions, which is what I'm looking for as I am completely undecided on what to buy.

Thanks for any help.

#3 ·
What's your budget ?

What would you like it to do / how long to last ?

I've used AG HD wax previously and been pleased with it, their new UHD wax is very nice.

Used BH DSW and been very pleased with it, but have found it better / easier to use in cool conditions rather than warm / hot weather.

Recently picked a tub of G3 supergloss wax and was very pleased with it, did a quick review about it on here, but here's a quick shot of the car I did with it - so easy to use (easiest I've used)

Quick review here : G3 Supergloss wax - quick review
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...uk/forum/showthread.php?t=407666&share_type=t

#5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the recommendations so far.

Budget would be £250 for the right wax. It'll be a spring / summer wax. Ideally I'd like something which makes the car look wet, whilst enhancing the metallic flake at the same time if possible.

Ease of use would also be a key factor, durability not so much as it would be applied every month during the summer months if easy enough.

#6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the recommendations so far.

Budget would be £250 for the right wax. It'll be a Spring / Summer wax. Ideally I'd like something which makes the car look wet, whilst enhancing the metallic flake at the same time if possible.

Ease of use would also be a key factor, durability not so much as it would be applied every month during the Summer months if easy enough.
If you're looking at that price bracket why don't you contact one of the manufacturers on here who will be able to make you a custom wax to suit your needs.

If it was me with that budget thats what I'd do :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.