Detailing World Forum banner

Fully insured detailer needed in the West Midlands area.

9K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  -Kev- 
#1 ·
Hello,

I'm looking for a top rated detailer in the West Midlands area ,to detail my Mercedes A Class in white..

Anyone with any recommendations please get in touch.

Dan

#3 · (Edited)
Just out of interest, and picking up from the heading of this thread. What do we all understand by correct or fully insured?

For example, would you expect a professional detailer to have road risks cover if they had to move your car on the road, would you expect them to have Employers Liability insurance if they have anyone working with them, would you expect them to be insured if the treatment they are doing goes wrong or if they cause damage to another part of the car. If they are working on your premises and their products cause damage to your drive for example, would you expect them to be insured for the cost of repair.

The most basic of all, if the work doesnt meet the expectations of the customer, not sure that you can buy insurance for your loss - time/ materials and worse still if the unhappy customer gives you bad feedback on social media.

They may have responsibilities for the above, but have not bought insurance and if they have no money, then what?

#4 ·
all the above , but the last one is the tricky one you cant insure againsed someone not happy with the results , and boy is that a mine field , where people sometimes try it on to get out of paying.
all you can do is is highlight as much as possible before you start , ive had total ****ters and people think its going to look like its just been built.its a machine polisher not a magic wand

#5 ·
This quote made me :lol:

its a machine polisher not a magic wand :buffer:

I do think it is a very good question to ask OP but personal recommendation from a few people I trust would always be my route.

I think we have to trust the person doing the work has the correct Insurance in place for his individual business, you can get cover for just about anything but sometimes you need to balance cost and a suitable cover for the work you do IMHO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.