Detailing World Forum banner

In need of a detailer, preferably in Nuneaton

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  chongo 
#1 ·
I fairly recently picked up a 2012 BMW F31 330d M Sport in, wait for it... metallic sapphire black. Obviously being this colour it shows up all defects. The car was purchased from central London (Sloane Square) where most people won't have drives/garages and the car had most probably frequently visited hand car washes.

The bodywork, as a result, is swirled up and the bonnet has some water marks on it. With baby number 2 on the way, and with me not having the knowledge/experience of paint correction, I don't have the spare time that I used to in order to get the paintwork up to scratch so I'm looking for someone that enjoys detailing who wants to tackle this project. I'm happy to pay.

Is there anyone local to Nuneaton (or nearby) that does detailing jobs on the side. I've used Lee (L.A. Detailing) in the past but he's mega busy now and is struggling to even pop over to inspect the paint.

I'm trying to keep the costs down (again reiterating baby number 2 is on the way). I have clayed the whole car and attempted a single stage machine polish but I only have a meguiars G220 v2 with Monza pads (https://www.monzacarcare.com/special-offers/monza-180mm-ultra-shine-complete-pad-set/0/) so although it has helped, there are still swirls in the paint.

I can try and take close up pictures of the bodywork if that helps at all.

See less See more
#8 ·
That's fair enough mate but if he is removing the swirls with H8 then I assume he will be refining the finish with a dedicated finishing polish not like his video were he went from a compound to a glaze which is not good practice:wall:

It would be the other way round medium polishing then glaze as a filler if some of the defects where still present :wave:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.