Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 18-01-2018, 11:27 AM   #101
spyk3d
Washmitt Meister

Thanks Percymon thats exactly what I needed. Someone with a bit more knowledge to sense check what I'd worked out.

I'll order the 030 nozzles from the ebay link you posted earlier in the thread.
spyk3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2018, 11:27 AM   #102
markcaughey
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by percymon View Post
Email Damian - he'll reply within 24 hours normally. Have an idea what you want though otherwise he has nothing to work from in terms of kit selection or pricing.
Thanks that’s what I will do. Yeah I know what I’m wanting just basically the same as what you have got there. Can I ask what postage method he used that’s basically my only question just so I can make sure I’m about for it arriving
markcaughey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2018, 11:35 AM   #103
Choppy
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcaughey View Post
Very nice

How did you order it ? I have been trying to call q washers the past couple of days but their phone is just ringing out
I just rang them and got through straight away. Keep trying, never had a problem getting in touch myself so far and very helpful people.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Choppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2018, 02:04 PM   #104
Soapybubbles

Garage
Just received my new hose set up from Damian at Qwashers

I'll post up pics and prices of my kit later on
Soapybubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soapybubbles For This Useful Post:
steelghost (18-01-2018)
Old 18-01-2018, 03:23 PM   #105
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,761 Times in 2,067 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Based on your flow rate and pressure then yes, I'd concur 025 nozzle size.

However, are you sure those numbers are correct ?

A Nilfisk C110 for example is 110Bar, 440l/hr (or 7.3l/min max). If your PW is genuinely only pushing out 80Bar and 5l/min then I'd question whether a better hose / gun, or a new PW with more power, is the better buy?
You should generally size nozzles for the nominal values, not the maximum. The nominal values for your C110 give an orifice of 025; I suspect you may find the 030 orifice reduces the pressure too much.

As percymon points out though, at this level of performance a new machine is also worth considering. That said, given you're replacing your hose and gun, in due course an upgraded machine will give a new level of performance to the improved hardware you'll be enjoying in the meantime.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2018, 04:10 PM   #106
Soapybubbles

Garage
Here is my new set up for my K5. Bought everything with the mindset that it will outlast my PW so I can transfer to a new static system sometime later this year.

Total cost was £139 however I didn't plan on doing the hose so soon so I bought a karcher QR attachment for the end of the gun that cost £10 that is now redundant.

The hose set up is 3/8" male on one end and 3/8" female on the other with a karcher attachment to connect to the machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Soapybubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soapybubbles For This Useful Post:
Dazednconfused (20-01-2018), steelghost (18-01-2018)
Old 18-01-2018, 04:55 PM   #107
Deje
PC Perfectionist

I have sent 7 emails to Damian on Qwasher for 2 weeks without getting an answer.
I give up and buy the stuff partly on Mosmatics but also some of the other sellers on Ebay., Become more expensive but at least they respond to my emails, Mosmatic even responded on a Sunday evening!
Deje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2018, 05:10 PM   #108
markcaughey
Orbital Oracle

I did get ahold of them on their FB page but just wanted to speak to them direct to see what the deal is with postage. Im hoping its a next day delivery and I could maybe order on a Friday and it arrive on Saturday.
markcaughey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2018, 05:49 PM   #109
percymon

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
You should generally size nozzles for the nominal values, not the maximum. The nominal values for your C110 give an orifice of 025; I suspect you may find the 030 orifice reduces the pressure too much.

As percymon points out though, at this level of performance a new machine is also worth considering. That said, given you're replacing your hose and gun, in due course an upgraded machine will give a new level of performance to the improved hardware you'll be enjoying in the meantime.

It begs the question what is the real flow and pressure of 'consumer' machines - if the Nilfisk C110 is anything to go buy, then the likes of the Karcher K2 should be erring towards 025 nozzles too (although i;m sure i read that Karchers own nozzles were 030)

Last edited by percymon; 18-01-2018 at 05:52 PM.
percymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2018, 06:16 PM   #110
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,761 Times in 2,067 Posts
Garage
Quote:
It begs the question what is the real flow and pressure of 'consumer' machines - if the Nilfisk C110 is anything to go buy, then the likes of the Karcher K2 should be erring towards 025 nozzles too (although i;m sure i read that Karchers own nozzles were 030)
Anecdotally at least, it's the working or normal pressures and flow rates that need to be used - it was the nominal specifications that gave Rob back the "correct" performance for his K4:

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
Have a look at this (PDF link) for a bit more detail and a handy lookup table. According to the Karcher product page (and specifically the specifications on page 14 of this PDF), your K4 is rated for 6.3 litres per minute at 11MPa, or 110 bar.

Using the table linked above, on the 110 bar column the flow rate of 6.3 litres per minute would suggest a nozzle between a 0.25 and 0.3. Note that none of this has anything to do with the gun you are using - it's all about the size of the nozzle. It depends on the lance you're using but you might be able to change the nozzle size (they are frequently available separately, sometimes with a quick release and sometimes with a thread).

If you can post a picture of the new lance & gun, I can try and suggest the best way to update the nozzle. It would also be well worth going back to the place you bought it from and asking them what nozzle size it is. My guess is that you've got a 0.35 or 0.4 that is reducing the pressure and hence effective power of your machine.
All that said, the stock nozzle for my HD7 is neither 025 or 030, but 028. Of course you can't buy that size as a rule, but that's what Kränzle worked out as the optimum. It's possible (likely?) that some of the C-class Nilfisk machines etc have a similar custom size.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diy, pressure, upgrade, washer