Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Eco Friendly Detailing
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Eco Friendly Detailing Talk About all your Eco Products here - Waterless wash / Steam cleaning etc

Old 02-07-2018, 02:43 PM   #61
Bikeracer
Washmitt Meister

256 to one is the specified rate and an American gallon is 7.68 ltr's, so two capfuls in that much water.

Allan
Bikeracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 03:43 PM   #62
Andy1972
Washmitt Meister

Ive just ordered some after watching the various you tube vids but I still have two questions;

1) whats the limit of what ONR will wash? ie big lump of bird poo?
2) How do you clean the under arches, insides of wheel rims? (ive got 20" wheels with big open spokes so the insides are clearly visible and need cleaning each time)
Andy1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:27 PM   #63
lowejackson
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,959 Times in 2,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy1972 View Post
Ive just ordered some after watching the various you tube vids but I still have two questions;

1) whats the limit of what ONR will wash? ie big lump of bird poo?
2) How do you clean the under arches, insides of wheel rims? (ive got 20" wheels with big open spokes so the insides are clearly visible and need cleaning each time)
1) For large amounts just spray the area first to lift up the poop. You could then either use a cloth to remove it or just wash with your mitt. If the poop has fully dried on, place a soaked ONR cloth over the area and leave it for a few minutes.

2) Just spray the area and wash as you would with a normal shampoo. Just be realistic with your expectations, ONR will not replace a dedicated wheel cleaner but as with a traditional shampoo it will remove light dirt and can be used with normal wheel brushes
lowejackson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lowejackson For This Useful Post:
Andy1972 (02-07-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 10:23 PM   #64
Chris Donaldson
Orbital Oracle

I've just come in after having completed my 1st ONR wash, oh and my 2nd and 3rd! I bought the stuff to use when I go to a show and thought I'd give it a try on my daily so I had a good idea of what I was doing. On my daily (which was pretty clean) it was excellent. My neighbour came out to see what I was using and so we did his car which hadn't been washed in 2 months. His car came up much better than I expected but not as good as I'd have done if I had all my kit out and cracking on with a full wash. In all honesty I think that's because I'd have got the wheels done inside the barrels, a proper jet wash in the seams with all my kit which his car definitely would benefit from but none the less it was a good standard, quick wash. Just as we were finishing my Mrs came home and asked me to do hers so, myself, assisted by my neighbour, cracked on and got her car done. It hadn't been done in a couple of weeks and it too came up well. I'm really impressed. Am I going to get rid of my 2 bucket method and pressure washer, no, however I feel it has a place in my detailing arsenal. I'll certainly be using it again.
Chris Donaldson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Donaldson For This Useful Post:
Brian1612 (03-07-2018)
Old 03-07-2018, 05:57 PM   #65
spyk3d
Washmitt Meister

I've got some ONR on order which should be here hopefully tomorrow. My car is mainly dusty with the exception of the front end/ windscreen which is covered it dead flies. Whats the best way to deal with this? Will ONR shift them?
spyk3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:30 PM   #66
FiestaRed
Washmitt Meister

I use the normal 125 to 1 ratio and spray it on the dead flies and bugs, leave it on for a couple of minutes and they all seem to lift off pretty easily. I do spray the area again just to make sure I've got all the remnants too.
FiestaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:54 PM   #67
JasonKruys
Unwashed Member

Any issues or considerations using this on a ceramic coated vehicle?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
JasonKruys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:15 PM   #68
garycha
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonKruys View Post
Any issues or considerations using this on a ceramic coated vehicle?

I use it on Gtech CS and Exo coated cars.

Nope in cleaning terms, but yes insofar as ONR lays down a later of residual polymers. These don't stick long to any decent ceramic, and are easily removed with yer QD. Next proper 2BM will flush then away, although that's not the onr point.
garycha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:17 PM   #69
JasonKruys
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garycha View Post
I use it on Gtech CS and Exo coated cars.

Nope in cleaning terms, but yes insofar as ONR lays down a later of residual polymers. These don't stick long to any decent ceramic, and are easily removed with yer QD. Next proper 2BM will flush then away, although that's not the onr point.
Great, thanks. Just thinking with this bonkers weather I might have to do a waterless or very small amount of water wash in the near future. Next 2BM wash 'resetting' things is perfect.

JasonKruys is offline   Reply With Quote