Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Traders > Clean Your Car
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clean Your Car Sonus - Menzerna - Chemical Guys - Clearkote - Poorboys -Meguiars - Pinnacle Wax - Harlys Wax - Klasse - Zaino

Old 06-04-2011, 02:37 PM   #21
*MAGIC*
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,044 Times in 1,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1263 View Post
Finding the on/off a bit stiff at moment, will get used to it
I did also but I am sure its just as its a new machine and will become easier with use

Robbie
*MAGIC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:22 PM   #22
fingers1963
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Guys

used my machine for the first time to carry out some correction on my bonnet. I noticed after about 20 - 30 mins of use it became very hot on started to smoke. It was very hot to the touch, unfortunatley i was half way through the correction on the bonnet and had to fall back to the Das_6 to complete the correction on the bonnet.

Anyone had any experience like this i thought perhaps it was stiil all bedding in but it did become very hot but i didnt smell any actual burning.

Any thoughts ?
fingers1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:38 PM   #23
rich1880
PC Perfectionist

I'm about to order one but the last comment has worried me slightly, can Tim comment!
rich1880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:50 PM   #24
DW58
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,726 Times in 1,327 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1880 View Post
I'm about to order one but the last comment has worried me slightly, can Tim comment!
x2 - I was about to order one as well, I've sent a PM to Tim, hopefully he'll post before too long.
DW58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:15 PM   #25
AFK_Matrix
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DW58 View Post
x2 - I was about to order one as well, I've sent a PM to Tim, hopefully he'll post before too long.
I've already ordered one so really would like to hear more!!
AFK_Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:21 PM   #26
PaulN

Thanked 1,263 Times in 1,064 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFK_Matrix View Post
I've already ordered one so really would like to hear more!!
Clam down, very worst case that above is a one off problem. You will be fine....
PaulN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:09 PM   #27
CleanYourCar
Approved DW Trader

Thanked 1,611 Times in 961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingers1963 View Post
Guys

used my machine for the first time to carry out some correction on my bonnet. I noticed after about 20 - 30 mins of use it became very hot on started to smoke. It was very hot to the touch, unfortunatley i was half way through the correction on the bonnet and had to fall back to the Das_6 to complete the correction on the bonnet.

Anyone had any experience like this i thought perhaps it was stiil all bedding in but it did become very hot but i didnt smell any actual burning.

Any thoughts ?

The polishers can run hot as with any of the rotaries and Dual Action polishers. However you are the first to report back with a real issue about the machine.

I take it reading your post it was literally just hot, but it didn't stop working. I'm hoping the smoke you reported was just residue oil or grease burning off the motor.

I completed a full correction on a Audi S3 at the weekend with a new one and really tried to give it some abuse and it faired extremely well. Infact I was really impressed and very happy with the machine in how well it performed. It definitely feels even smoother now it's bedded in. We even went to the lengths of dismantaling it to check for any wear on the components after the detail.

All I can say have another go and see how you get on.

Victoria Wax - Dodo - Meguiars - Menzerna + Many More!

Last edited by CleanYourCar; 11-04-2011 at 10:14 PM.
CleanYourCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #28
DagenhamGeoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingers1963 View Post
Guys

Any thoughts ?
I found, initially after approx 15 minutes it became quite hot and was quite noisy, i cacked it a little so I turned it off lol....tried again after thinking that it might be like any motor, needs running in, so i tried 3 more times, just runing for 15 minutes a time..after my 5th try I noticed it still get warm but nowhere near as much as it did and i also noticed the noise levels were dropping slightly.so my personal conclusion is.yeah.new motor, parts not fully lubricated in and time will correct it......still beats my silverline anyday, the weight differnce is admittedly only small but believe me it really feels like the ep800 is half the weight.
DagenhamGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:42 PM   #29
MilesBetter

Thumbs up

Great review Robbie, thanks and perfect timing

I was looking this weekend through the threads as I am upgrading from my DAS6 to a Rotary and I was about to click add to cart on one of these, but was hesistant until I had carried out some more research.... based on this I think this all the confidence I need to click on Submit, cheers

Tim, Order coming your way

Robbie, Can I nick some of your pics of you using it for my site please

Last edited by MilesBetter; 11-04-2011 at 10:45 PM.
MilesBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MilesBetter For This Useful Post:
*MAGIC* (18-04-2011)
Old 13-04-2011, 02:16 PM   #30
fingers1963
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Quote:
The polishers can run hot as with any of the rotaries and Dual Action polishers. However you are the first to report back with a real issue about the machine.

I take it reading your post it was literally just hot, but it didn't stop working. I'm hoping the smoke you reported was just residue oil or grease burning off the motor.

I completed a full correction on a Audi S3 at the weekend with a new one and really tried to give it some abuse and it faired extremely well. Infact I was really impressed and very happy with the machine in how well it performed. It definitely feels even smoother now it's bedded in. We even went to the lengths of dismantaling it to check for any wear on the components after the detail.

All I can say have another go and see how you get on.
Tim

I can confirm it was very hot and was smoking (without any burning) and it didnt stop working. I agree it certainly maybe the oils buring off but didnt see the same sort of thing on the Das_6 pro when i used that.

I will ceratinly be using this again and know that it will always be backed by CYC excellent after sales service.

Hope no-one saw the above as a critisism of the CYC rotary just something i had experienced when using for the first time.

Will report back following my next use soon.

cheers