Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 22-09-2018, 07:43 PM   #11
TenaciousTed
Sponge Jockey

Hi guys

The position of the choke seems to have no bearing on the available throttle lever distance.

Regarding the carb I haven’t even been able to locate it. It might be under the engine cover or something. Doesn’t seem to be user accessible. I have heard before of giving the carb a squeeze to ensure fuel saturation. This is looking more and more like a DOA.

Let’s just hope Clarke and CPC Farnell don’t screw me around. I took a chance getting this shipped from the mainland. It wasn’t cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TenaciousTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 07:59 PM   #12
kentphil
Sponge Jockey

If the choke does not have any effect on the travel, then it sounds like a linkage has become misplaced somewhere on it's operating run.

As it has been shipped, does it look like anywhere has any light impact marks at all?.

It depends if you want to mess with something that is not working from word go or if you want to leave it as Clarke's problem, but you could try removing the air cleaner cover, (usually a couple of screws) and the element, then you should see into the carb to see what is happening when you try to move the linkage. Do I take it from your mainland comment that you are based offshore somewhere in Ireland or the Isle of Man?.

I have just had a look at the instruction book from the Machinemart site, and it does not appear to have a priming bowl that I can see, so that idea is a no go from me, sorry.

Last edited by kentphil; 22-09-2018 at 08:05 PM.
kentphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 09:15 PM   #13
Sh1ner
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

I don't know your particular model but some do not use a throttle as such, to speed up and slow down and are set to run at a calibrated speed.
I would not touch the red screw it is sealed with paint to show it has been calibrated.
Do you have a spark?
Some machines are supplied with the cap not pushed onto the plug or an insulator is placed somewhere or the kill switch is earthed to prevent starting without oil being added first if the machine has been supplied dry.
I don't know but I have come across these things in the past.

Looking at the manual it would seem that there should be some movement on the lever. It is quite a simple arrangement where moving it should slide a rod and a governor spring, on the left of your picture(the carb is on the other end of the rod and governor spring) to open the throttle valve. Do you need to lift the lever up or push down to disengage it from the stop/rest position so that it can be moved to 3/4 open or perhaps it suffered a slight knock in transit and is just catching on something.
It should not be too difficult to spot but it is difficult to see from the available pictures. The lever has a simple pivot at the base.
Sh1ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 10:06 PM   #14
TenaciousTed
Sponge Jockey

Thanks folks I’ll have another look at it tomorrow.

Before I saw your latest posts I had a play with that red screw. It did seem to give the throttle a little more play when loosened. Calibration didn’t even occur to me, nor that the red paint was there to indicate tampering. Hopefully this doesn’t cause me headaches with Clarke later. Although I can always find some red paint

Thanks for all the guidance on this folks will definitely check each of these tomorrow

Old 23-09-2018, 10:18 PM   #15
TenaciousTed
Sponge Jockey

Ok folks so it turns out the issue was that the off/on switch was wired wrongly. It’ll only work when switched off lol. Started with one pull when I realised this

The Following User Says Thank You to TenaciousTed For This Useful Post:
andy__d (23-09-2018)
Old 24-09-2018, 09:30 PM   #16
TenaciousTed
Sponge Jockey

Pressure washer won’t start

I spoke too soon. Wouldn't start today.
After a lengthy dance with the Clarke Service department, I decided this amount of effort shouldn't be required to start a brand new engine.

UPS are picking it up tomorrow. I decided to give Clarke a miss and go with a Lavor Independent 1900 supplied by a local Northern Ireland firm in Omagh called Cleantec. At least that way I can drive down to them if there’s issues.

Got the car washed by the auto glym folks at Sainsbury’s. That’ll keep me going until I’m sorted.

Thanks a million for all the very detailed guidance folks. Very much appreciated!

Last edited by TenaciousTed; 25-09-2018 at 01:19 PM.