Detailing World Forum banner

Has anybody reviewed tge Rupes Mille yet ?

3K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  GSVHammer 
#1 ·
As above. Just wondering if anyone has one yet. What do you think ? I was waiting for the new Flex forcedrive scheduled for September but with issues with the most recent new machines was wondering what oeople thoughts were on the Mille ?

#3 ·
Yes, tested it at wax stock. Its actually very very nice to use. A 5mm throw so smaller than the flex, but more rpm. So I would say its better balanced and smoother. Reliability will obviously be tested by the first purchasers, who will be paying over £600 for the kit, which lets face it is eye watering.

If you see plans video you will see me using it. Chongo also had a go and little Matty, we all felt the same

#4 ·
I had a go at Rupes HQ a little while ago.

Its a great machine.
So well balanced, easy to control, light enough to not tire you you.
It seems minor, but the clockwise rotation is a nice touch.
If you like forced rotation it's brilliant, but expensive.
I feel it will be a big success, especially if you can buy the machine on its own.

The new thinner pads and colour coded polishes are a dream to use - as with previous Rupes products. Good working times and you can get a good feel for them and see the sweet spot for when to stop.

Reactions: MBRuss
#5 ·
I got mine on friday and tested it today. It is nice machine and much more nicer to use than Flex VRG. But to be honest when using light to medium pressure, both 15 and 21 mk2 corrects faster. Meguairs microfiber pads wont work at all on Mille. The new Rupes woolpad works better on 15-21 and it outcuts Meguiars mf pads. But yeah it has amazing erconomics and tonsof torque, i just need to find good cutting pads for it.

#8 ·
It is a great tool for the company earned that is arguably entitled to be a brand leader. The LK900 is a quality tool developed and built in house.
DLX kit can be found £420-450.

Rupes do have their own MF pads BF150FH coarse and BF150FM fine.
Recommend the use designated Rupes compound which were specially developed for the LK900 to handle the FR and extra lubrication needed.
The amount of cost and time Rupes used for R&D on the tool, Pads and Compounds before release is easier to go with at first.
Personally any off-piste or self R&D for me will be later though.:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.