Detailing World Forum banner

Detailingworld[emoji769] Review – Autoglym UHD Wax

13K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  dchapman88 
#1 ·
Detailingworld[emoji769] Review - Autoglym UHD Wax

Introduction

Firstly thanks once again to Mark at Autoglym for sending over the wax for review
:)
AutoGlym are long established brand, no strangers to keeping cars clean and protected.
For more info on them: https://www.autoglym.com/about-us

The Product

Firstly I want to comment on how great the packaging is. A real WOW factor, very distinctive and 100% on brand for them. A real grand feel when you open the box to see the goodies within.

Autoglym say about the UHD Wax:
" Introducing Autoglym Ultra High Definition. Breathtaking finishes, luxuriously smooth with invigorating, sensual fragrances. Ultra High Definition products turn car care into pure pleasure.
Ultra High Definition Wax is the result of countless hours of meticulous development in our state-of- the-art laboratories to produce our most luxurious wax finish yet.* We understand the pleasure of standing back to admire a truly immersive, deeper gloss finish. It's why Ultra High Definition Wax blends the finest ingredients, including Carnauba, to go beyond showroom shine to a whole new level of finish.*That's the Autoglym way, always has been."

The Method
First things first, the car I was trying this out on was my 2013 Juke, in silver, so difficult for pictures on a wax test
The car was given a standard**wash with a pure shampoo for prep. It has been chemically decontaminated and then clay barred within the past month anyway so no more focus was given to the prep of the paintwork other than a maintenance wash and dry.**

On opening the jar I was presented with a white wax, with a non overpowering scent of either Shea butter or mild coconut (guessing scents is not my strong point). It is very solid in the jar but as soon as your finger touches it, it melts. Very soft feeling and melts with your swipe as seen by the picture

(apologies for the black flecks in the top of the wax, the applicator was covered in MF's fluff after its last wash and I didn't look before I dabbed, doh)

The Applicator was really solidly made, felt really well made and sturdy. Anyone who has felt or read about these applicators knows the quality of them, they are a darn good applicator and maybe one AG should release for general sale by themselves. Hint, Hint!

The cloth looking like this

And for a rough size guide

The Autoglym guys say on their website to apply the wax with this method:
Dampen the white side of the supplied wax applicator. Gently dab the applicator on the wax in the pot and then apply to clean, dry paintwork in a light circular motion, leaving a thin even layer on all painted surfaces. Do not over apply as this may make the wax difficult to buff later. Do not apply to unpainted rubber or unpainted plastic trim.

So I ran the white side under the tap and gave it a squeeze out then set off to work. The wax glides on the panels with real ease and spreads really thinly when you've loaded the applicator correctly.**Autoglym suggest that you dab, well the first time I didn't dab I twisted and my first pass was very heavy and thick. A quick spread out of the product and it soon remedied the problem but lesson learnt.**I also felt half way through the car that the white section was starting to drag a little on application so I fed a little more water in and gave it another squeeze and this seemed to cure the issue.
The car felt like it was waxed in no time at all and was left for 15 mins to cure to a nice haze.

A quick finger swipe on the wing mirror told me I was ready to remove.

This was what I was left with as a final result

The immediate beading was impressive too

After a weekend of a fair amount of driving and sitting in front of a joinery shop all day on Monday I decided to try and remove some of the dust and muck from my bonnet purely by sheeting water. The results of the sheeting were very impressive and made dust removal an absolute breeze.

Price

The website shows the prices at:
£54.99*for the UHD Wax kit
https://www.autoglym.com/ultra-high-definition-wax

There are plenty of distributers of AG products so may well be worth having a look around for some deals!

Would I use it again?

Without a doubt!

Conclusion

In conclusion I really like it a lot. It gets a 9.5/10 for me. Not particularly sure if it has dulled down some of the flake in my paint, it may just be so glossy it looks like it has in direct sunlight but always difficult to tell on a silver car.
Great wax, easy to use and really impressive results. Well worth a try IMO
:)

"Detailingworld[emoji769] reviewer has followed the Manufacturers Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test "

See less See more
2 18
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.