Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2017, 12:32 AM   #1
saul
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
saul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: London
Posts: 1,007
Thanks: 478
Thanked 302 Times in 232 Posts
Garage
Anti Vibration Gloves

Does anyone use these when polishing? Are they helpful or more a hindrance?
saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:24 AM   #2
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed
 
steelghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Stockport
Posts: 4,905
Thanks: 1,769
Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,842 Posts
Garage
I have some fingerless gloves with a padded palm, which do seem to help. I've also started using the handle for my DAS6 Pro, which does reduce the vibration going into my hand. I don't do a lot of machine polishing though, usually just a panel or two at a time.

I think if I was doing much more I would be very tempted to upgrade to a smoother machine.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
saul (05-12-2017)
Old 05-12-2017, 08:26 AM   #3
dchapman88
Dw Reviewer
 
dchapman88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Suffolk
Posts: 1,324
Thanks: 448
Thanked 729 Times in 546 Posts
Garage
I use a pair of Stanley anti vibration gloves for machining
I have a pair for work so bought a pair for when I use my machines too

Particularly helpful with the Force drive machine
dchapman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dchapman88 For This Useful Post:
saul (05-12-2017)
Old 05-12-2017, 09:34 AM   #4
MichaelCPortis
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
If only using machines occasionally you may not notice any real difference, maybe a bit of extra comfort from the passing , fit is important however.
Where you'll really gain benefit is if using powered machinery a lot of the time over a long duration as they will not only reduce fatigue but also long term injuries/conditions that can occur over time with heavy usage.
MichaelCPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MichaelCPortis For This Useful Post:
saul (05-12-2017)
Old 05-12-2017, 09:36 AM   #5
MichaelCPortis
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Predictive strikes again .- That should have said padding.
MichaelCPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:56 PM   #6
saul
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
saul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: London
Posts: 1,007
Thanks: 478
Thanked 302 Times in 232 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchapman88 View Post
I use a pair of Stanley anti vibration gloves for machining
I have a pair for work so bought a pair for when I use my machines too

Particularly helpful with the Force drive machine
I did have a look at the stanley ones. Which ones do you have? I was looking at these , giving some extra wrist support as well.
saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:57 PM   #7
saul
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
saul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: London
Posts: 1,007
Thanks: 478
Thanked 302 Times in 232 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelCPortis View Post
If only using machines occasionally you may not notice any real difference, maybe a bit of extra comfort from the passing , fit is important however.
Where you'll really gain benefit is if using powered machinery a lot of the time over a long duration as they will not only reduce fatigue but also long term injuries/conditions that can occur over time with heavy usage.
I have a suspect wrist at the moment, which decides to give or start paining whenever it feels like. This is more of a precautionary move than anything.
saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:58 PM   #8
saul
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
saul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: London
Posts: 1,007
Thanks: 478
Thanked 302 Times in 232 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
I have some fingerless gloves with a padded palm, which do seem to help. I've also started using the handle for my DAS6 Pro, which does reduce the vibration going into my hand. I don't do a lot of machine polishing though, usually just a panel or two at a time.

I think if I was doing much more I would be very tempted to upgrade to a smoother machine.
Which ones do you have steelghost?
saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:02 PM   #9
JJ_
DW Sponsor
 
JJ_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Stirling
Posts: 4,928
Thanks: 1,254
Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,069 Posts
Garage
Yes, we give them to every client who purchases one of our machines.

Along with ear guards and goggles.

They are a massive help, I love them.
__________________
JJ_ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JJ_ For This Useful Post:
saul (05-12-2017)
Old 05-12-2017, 01:07 PM   #10
JJ_
DW Sponsor
 
JJ_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Stirling
Posts: 4,928
Thanks: 1,254
Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,069 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saul View Post
I have a suspect wrist at the moment, which decides to give or start paining whenever it feels like. This is more of a precautionary move than anything.
Sorry, I just noticed you said you have a wrist problem.

If your wrist is a problem, I would advise seeing a GP or a specialist- if you haven't already done so. Any machine will irritate it much more than daily life, even with gloves and the pain/discomfort will increase.

Your health is the prime importance
__________________
JJ_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors