Detailing World Forum banner

Dusting

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Surrey Sam 
#1 ·
Using megs 105 and 205 on my Neyara Blue Seat Aleta. Have used white and orange hex logic pads but am getting whit dust. Is this my technique or working time. Definitely not using too much polish(am only using a couple of pea sized drops as per junkman)

#5 ·
There could be a few factors in it.
Too much product, working too large an area, not cleaning the pads out enough.
Like to give a very light spritz of water over the pad when using 105 and 205. You don't need to soak it. Just a light dusting - as above - and then pop your polish on the pad.

#8 ·
105 is a very dusty compound if you use a foam pad:wall: but is less dusty if you use a MF pad and a spritz of water as the compound starts to break down, but as for 205 it's a great polish for refinement after 105. How long are you working 105? And what speed are you using.:thumb:

#9 ·
What would you guys recommend that is less dusty but as effective as the 105 205 combo? Dust is the main thing putting me off as there it almost requires for the whole car to be covered (way too much prep).

I've been using QD to moisten the pads, working at speeds of 4-5.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.