Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here - Sponsored By g3pro

Old 14-03-2018, 03:38 PM   #1
Ghostrider
Orbital Oracle

Garage
What wax/sealant on top of Wet Glaze 2.0

I have a bottle of WG 2.0 lying around and would like to use on my daily driver now.
Does anybody of experience what will bound on top? Looking for a good durability up to 12 months and doesn't change the look.
Ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2018, 10:48 AM   #2
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,714 Times in 2,037 Posts
Garage
I don't think there's any product that will offer anything like 12 months durability if applied over a glaze.

Something like Bilt Hamber Finis wax (which is a high carnauba content hybrid wax) would be my suggestion. Best case (two coats, straight onto bare, panel wiped paint) you might see six months, but on a glaze maybe 3-4?

If you can apply straight onto the paint, Fusso Coat and Wowos Crystal Sealant both have a shot of getting towards that 12 month mark.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
Ghostrider (18-03-2018)
Old 17-03-2018, 10:07 PM   #3
suds
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
If you want "durability" and the wet look- enjoy your glaze on top of your chosen
Lsp. But you will have to renew your glaze regularly
suds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suds For This Useful Post:
Ghostrider (18-03-2018)
Old 18-03-2018, 11:22 AM   #4
suspal
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 4,058 Times in 3,290 Posts
Not many products last 12 months especially sitting on top of a glaze, leave wet glaze 2.0 for the better weather in the summer it's scarce enjoy it then.
I'd be inclined to us Britemax extream elements 2.0 and should you wish not that I would apply something over that other than a qd.
suspal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suspal For This Useful Post:
Ghostrider (18-03-2018)
Old 18-03-2018, 11:44 AM   #5
OldskoolRS
PC Perfectionist

Garage
I'm planning on using Bilt Hamber DSW on top of my Wet Glaze 2.0 at least until I can get round to a machine polish on a red SLK.

I haven't been on here much until recently, but last time WG 2.0 was all the rage, but I see you can't buy it anymore now. It used to look great on my metallic blue BMW Z3 with BH Finis Wax on top, so I was planing on using it on my black RS2000 whenever I get it back on the road...I guess by then I'll have to find a substitute...Wet Glaze 3.0 anyone?
OldskoolRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 12:28 PM   #6
suspal
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 4,058 Times in 3,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldskoolRS View Post
I'm planning on using Bilt Hamber DSW on top of my Wet Glaze 2.0 at least until I can get round to a machine polish on a red SLK.

I haven't been on here much until recently, but last time WG 2.0 was all the rage, but I see you can't buy it anymore now. It used to look great on my metallic blue BMW Z3 with BH Finis Wax on top, so I was planing on using it on my black RS2000 whenever I get it back on the road...I guess by then I'll have to find a substitute...Wet Glaze 3.0 anyone?
There isn't a Wet Glaze 3.0 the company if I remember correctly was stopped making it and was willing to sell the formula no buyers I guess.
So My stash will be only used on special occasions otherwise theses plenty of other glazes like blackmax, blackhole, amigo and ez glaze.
suspal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suspal For This Useful Post:
OldskoolRS (18-03-2018)