|09-01-2017, 03:05 PM||#1|
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Thanked 641 Times in 422 Posts
MAZDA MX5 clean up
Managed to get out at the weekend to give the MX5 belonging to the OH a bit of a clean up which gave me a chance to try as well some of my new stuff I got from WOWOs on the Black Friday sale.
Having issues with loading of pictures so i'll get this updated ASAP just in case you read this without pictures....
Products of choice for today
I've used the Awesome foam already which I really like however everything was my first time trying so I was excited to see what they were like.
So the cars not had a good wash for a while the intention was to do a full wash and decontamination of the exterior followed by a try of the show n go polish on the rotary then a coat of contact 121. I say the intention as yet again good old Scottish weather put paid to that.
What I did manage was the following and I've added my thoughts / comments after each stage and included pictures as I go along as well.
So pictures of the car prior to wash
- Car was snowfoamed using Awesome foam - I've used this before and I rate it on a par with BH Autofoam which is my snowfoam of choice. Awesome foam definitely produces a thicker foam if that's your think and IMO it's on a par with cleaning can't really say which is better. The only downside I see to this is cost as I can buy 5l of BH Autofoam for around £17 and at the moment Awesome foam only comes in a 500ml bottle so purely on cost at the moment Autofoam is a better option for me.
- wheels cleaned with clean wheels - I didn't take any pictures during this stage and as you'll see the wheels are black so I always find it more difficult to see that with Silver wheels however as a well known advert used to say it does what it says on the tin. Didn't use much product for the 4 wheels and they were clean at the end so as far as i'm concerned it's a good product.
2BM with dry shampoo - again didn't take any pictures during this phase. I don't do dilution rates exact so just put a squirt of shampoo in the bucket. I like a shampoo which has good foaming/bubbles so this ticked the boxes here. It smells absolutely delicious as well never actually checked but it smelled of parma violets and was purple in colour so i'm guessing this is correct. My neighbours must have thought I was dafter than normal as every time I took the mitt out the bucket I sniffed it.
- Tar removal with Tar & Glue Remover - again no pictures. I only used this on tar and seemed quite efficient. There wasn't much tar on the vehicle but it removed what was there with not much effort. My goto for tar removal is tardis which I love and I think Tardis might be slightly better for tar removal however there's no much in it.
- very quick polish of the roof with show N Go Polish and a finishing pad - Think this was the second shower so no pics again and managed to get it done quickly in between showers. Can't really comment too much due to the weather but it went on and off well and IMO gave a good finish but again due to poor lighting and rain didn't get an inspection on it so cant comment from that point of view.
- Quick layer of contact 121 on the roof - wanted to do the whole car but couldn't due to the weather only go the roof done. Went on very easily and came off easily as well with no issues particularly given the weather. On a side note rojer386 was with me and we put some on the bonnet of his M140 and it was a bit grabby coming off thought not overly so not sure if this was to do with the weather and moisture in the air or maybe user error as it was difficult to see on his white where it had been applied so we might have put it on a bit thick.
Never managed any fallout remover or clay due to the weather as it started raining a few times while out so the process was done in between showers
Used as well my orange twisted drying towel I got on special from Imran here on DW and to say I am impressed is an understatement. I've used a few drying towels AF being my previous purchase and this IMO is by far the best I've used to date. And with the weather it was used a few times during the clean
Few finished pictures including some nice reflection shots I liked including one with rojer386 applying contact121 to his bonnet. All pictures taken on my Samsung galaxy s7 edge with no filters.
Overall i'm very impressed with WOWOs products and don't have a bad word to say about the ones I've tried so far. I'm definitely thinning my collection down this year and think WOWOs will be my manufacturer of choice.
As always thanks for reading and any thoughts / comments welcome.
Last edited by macca666; 09-01-2017 at 06:04 PM.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|