Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Interior & Glass
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Interior & Glass Discuss All your Interior Issue - Dash - Seats and All the Car Glass Areas - Interior Dressing, Leather etc

Old 10-01-2017, 08:12 AM   #11
Cookies
Distinguished Detailer + Dw Reviewer

Thanked 4,211 Times in 3,117 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by emreplt View Post
I found tape solutions online but i think tapes will make poor contact between door and body. may cause heating problems as well. are you facing those problems?
No problems whatsoever. The tape is barely visible, and the seal between the door and body remains perfect, with no wind noise, water ingress or heating/draft issues.

I'd definitely recommend it.

Cooks

Sent from my D6603
Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:46 AM   #12
emreplt
Unwashed Member

Garage
I solved the problem.

I applied a cheap "silicone lubricant spray" with a piece of cloth and then cleaned with another dry cloth. After my application it snowed in here and my car rested for 30 hrs . today, most of the creaky sounds are gone away now. I'll clean rubbers every day with only dry cloth until sounds completely go away. there was "highly flammable" written on the spray, I hope there won't be any chemical reaction with the rubbers. please write here if you have any ideas.

Note: I applied this solution to my vw polo 6c. I don't know if this solution works with another makes. Producers may use different types of rubbers in their products.

I suggest everyone do not touch your rubbers for no reason

Last edited by emreplt; 11-01-2017 at 07:50 AM. Reason: warning
emreplt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:16 AM   #13
Gixxer6
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

I was going to suggest a Silicone spray. I recently cleaned my car windows and also the rubber seals which I cleaned with window cleaner. I then had a very irritating squeak when opening and closing the window. I searched around and read that Silicone spray would help with squeaky windows. I was a bit reluctant to spray any lubricant on window rubbers thinking that it would smear but the Silicone spray has helped with my problem, the squeak is gone and there is no smearing on the glass.
I also read that some people apply Silicone lubricant to door rubbers to prevent them from freezing and sticking in winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emreplt View Post
I solved the problem.

I applied a cheap "silicone lubricant spray" with a piece of cloth and then cleaned with another dry cloth. After my application it snowed in here and my car rested for 30 hrs . today, most of the creaky sounds are gone away now. I'll clean rubbers every day with only dry cloth until sounds completely go away. there was "highly flammable" written on the spray, I hope there won't be any chemical reaction with the rubbers. please write here if you have any ideas.

Note: I applied this solution to my vw polo 6c. I don't know if this solution works with another makes. Producers may use different types of rubbers in their products.

I suggest everyone do not touch your rubbers for no reason
Gixxer6 is offline   Reply With Quote