Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 10-01-2017, 04:32 PM   #21
percymon
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by shine247 View Post
If anyone was interested in the sprayer I mentioned I picked it up today.

Here are a couple of pics and the hose can be seen more easily. They are quite compact and have a decent pump as well, I had one at a similar price which had a very thin shaft which felt like it could easily break, this is solid in that area.

]
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmcl View Post
Have you used it yet?

I got one myself today went to use it and it doesn't keep pressure very well. Air keeps escaping from the filler funnel despite it being tightly screwed on.

Will take it back tomorrow but if the replacement's as bad then I'm going to stop wasting money on cheap sprayers and get something decent.
Hmmm - i have one reserved at my local store til 6pm tonight - i might hold off now to see how you guys get on.
percymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 05:22 PM   #22
shine247
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,100 Times in 809 Posts
Quote:
Have you used it yet?

I got one myself today went to use it and it doesn't keep pressure very well. Air keeps escaping from the filler funnel despite it being tightly screwed on.

Will take it back tomorrow but if the replacement's as bad then I'm going to stop wasting money on cheap sprayers and get something decent.
No Neil because I already have one open, I bought it as a reserve because the original one was so good. That's why I left it sealed. I have used the current one plenty of times and pumped 3L of Autofoam (not sure I should mention that ) through it on the white van I cleaned a week or so back. The new one looks just the same. I am sorry yours did not work, I recommended it because it was good, not cheap because I am quite happy to spend money, just had a freind pick the one below up for me, cost not far off half a Kranzle

Last edited by shine247; 10-01-2017 at 05:24 PM.
shine247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 05:29 PM   #23
neilmcl

Had a bit of a closer look and the seal on the plunger wasn't coming into full contact with the bottle. I turned the seal over and refitted it and it seems to work now, maybe it was the wrong way round in the first place.
neilmcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 02:25 PM   #24
neilmcl

Another update on the Argos sprayer. It started to leak air again so I took it back and got a replacement. No air leak but it did leak where the lance connected to the handle. On closer inspection the o-ring was broken. No problem as I have replacements but even with a new o-ring of the same size it still leaks from there, probably due to poor manufacture of the thread on the lance.

I couldn't be bothered wasting any more time on this one so it's going in the bin and I look to get a decent one from somewhere else. May get a Hozelock or Gardena sprayer, unfortunately I can't stretch to that Birchmeier one pictured above.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:32 PM   #25
neilmcl

Narrowed my choice down one of these:

Hozelock standard sprayer

Gardena pressure sprayer

Stihl SG31

or

Solo 461 5L sprayer

Is worth spending more money over something like the cheaper Spear & Jackson or Kingfisher sprayers?
Old 12-01-2017, 12:16 PM   #26
pxr5

Garage
I've gone through a couple of the cheapo ones recently and just got fed up with them leaking air. I stuck with the last leaking one for a few weeks, basically having to keep it constantly pumping to get anything out of the thing. I'd had enough and got one of the 7 litre Hozelock ones from B&Q (actually an Xmas pressie from my wife). Not had chance to actually use it yet, but the quality seems far and away ahead of the cheap ones.

http://www.diy.com/departments/hozel.../161657_BQ.prd
pxr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 12:57 PM   #27
armufti
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Just gone and purchased a hozelock one from amazon - Very impressed. Holds pressure well and feels a good, sturdy build.

They've even highlighted the max water fill line to maintain max pressure which the Mesto didn't.
armufti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 01:00 PM   #28
neilmcl

Quote:
Originally Posted by armufti View Post
Just gone and purchased a hozelock one from amazon - Very impressed. Holds pressure well and feels a good, sturdy build.

They've even highlighted the max water fill line to maintain max pressure which the Mesto didn't.
Did you buy the standard or plus model?

Last edited by neilmcl; 12-01-2017 at 01:16 PM.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:13 PM   #29
armufti
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Did you but the standard or plus model?
Got this one : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

setting it up was great.

If I'd had a bit more money I'd go for the Kwazar as it foams :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/25180...6760769&crdt=0
armufti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 02:03 PM   #30
neilmcl

I'm not doing too well with trying to get a sprayer at the moment

Got a good deal on this only be told on the day of delivery that it was damaged and their last on in stock. I'm going to see if they'll do me a deal on this one which looks ideal for my needs but if not I'll probably go down the hozelock route.
The Following User Says Thank You to neilmcl For This Useful Post:
combat wombat (14-01-2017)