Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 23-03-2016, 01:56 PM   #11
CockneyPlayboy
Sponge Jockey

image removed by spoony - made thread impossible to read

Last edited by Spoony; 23-03-2016 at 08:39 PM.
CockneyPlayboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2016, 01:57 PM   #12
CockneyPlayboy
Sponge Jockey

^^ Sorry it was a chart of ORDER that Chemical guys recommend when detailing with their products..... I will try to resize
Old 23-03-2016, 02:31 PM   #13
Tricky Red
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CockneyPlayboy View Post
Really? Is this true? I have always used something like BLACK HOLE then sealed in with Collinite.... this time I put Jetseal over the top and it seemed to bond well....? You have me questioning this now! lol I guess that some Glazes are compatable with being used under other compatable sealants. Such as Poorboys Black Hole to Poorboys Ex Sealant... and so on. I always found Collinite bonded to Black hole glazed paint myself. But the Jetseal even better so.

Thanks pal it is pretty darn good but in direct sunlight there ARE just a few very minor 'one fine line' spider thread-like marks (which you may say nearly all cars will have but I am a perfectionist) ha ha

...Granted you DO have to go right up close and catch the light right to see them!
Still stand by the fact that a sealant should never go over a glaze due to bonding issues.

Cleansers + sealants
Cleansers + wax
Cleansers + glaze + wax
Tricky Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2016, 05:12 PM   #14
CockneyPlayboy
Sponge Jockey

Wrong in some instances.

Some sealants are compatable with (for example) their own glazes and are indeed meant to go over them. Check for example the Chemical Guys website which actually states that you can put their Jet Seal over their Glaze and then top up with wax if you wish after the Jet Seal.

If you put Jet seal down THEN Glaze you are actually hindering the ability of the glaze to penetrate the swirls/imperfections that you want it to fill.

...........its on their own website.
Old 23-03-2016, 05:14 PM   #15
CockneyPlayboy
Sponge Jockey

http://www.chemicalguys.com/HOW_TO_ARTICLES_s/338.htm

If you look on their questions and answers sessions on the Jet Seal page they answer a question specifically stating it is ok to use their Jet Seal over their Glaze and that it wont remove the properties of the glaze nor will it have issues with bonding.
Old 23-03-2016, 08:25 PM   #16
Tricky Red
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
I wouldn't be using chemical guys products. I would go Zymol.

Jet seal is quite an old product now though I take on board complimentary products that can be applied over each other.
Certainly Prima gear gets good reviews.

Last edited by Tricky Red; 23-03-2016 at 08:30 PM.
Tricky Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2016, 08:42 PM   #17
Spoony
Showroom Moderator

Thanked 4,269 Times in 2,677 Posts
I've removed that image as it was hell to read the thread.

Any synthetic polymer type sealant will have absolutely no issues on top of a glaze. Britemax, poorboys, Meguiars, autoglym (srp then uds) and many more recommend a glaze then sealant. I've never personally had any issues with a sealant over a glaze.

Give it a shot, I personally haven't used jet seal but heard only good things. Product choice is mostly personal preference. There isn't many bad products out there.
Spoony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2016, 09:28 PM   #18
broncoupe
Washmitt Meister

Beautiful car
love Astons but find them a real pain to maintain, paint is so soft
did one recently DBS convertible pulled the car out of clients garage, while he's admiring it
His cat Jumped onto the boot lid.
It was a lost for words moment
Yes he did tram line it
broncoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2016, 08:11 AM   #19
DJBAILEY
Orbital Oracle

There are too many types of glazes to make a blanket statement that a sealant can not be layered over a glaze. There are many types of acrylic based glazes that work perfectly fine with sealants. Everything seems compatible on top of acrylic for some reason. CG makes many. Prima Amigo is another. Then there are glazes that are oily and are better suited to be topped with a wax.
DJBAILEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:55 PM   #20
CockneyPlayboy
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBAILEY View Post
There are too many types of glazes to make a blanket statement that a sealant can not be layered over a glaze. There are many types of acrylic based glazes that work perfectly fine with sealants. Everything seems compatible on top of acrylic for some reason. CG makes many. Prima Amigo is another. Then there are glazes that are oily and are better suited to be topped with a wax.
......my thinking also, to be honest.

SO, anyway the Prima Banana Gloss went on very well and seemed to bond fine. It is very thin so mentally it takes some getting used to after being used to thicker waxes but there you go.

I felt it did live up to its 'filling' claims on the small very few marks that were there.... Was it the very best shine I have ever seen? Probably not. Was it very good still? Definately.

I would recommend this as an interim product the moment you see a few faint lines or marks appearing.