Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 14-10-2016, 12:44 PM   #41
Alasar
International Detailer

let's wait and see what will happen next. 21 washes is nothing for longterm coatings. In summer all protective coating working good. but winter is coming and everything will become clear.
some my tests 1, 2.
Alasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2016, 01:31 PM   #42
nick_mcuk
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,943 Posts
Garage
Send a message via MSN to nick_mcuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by galamaa View Post
Belive me, it`s know matter, which coating you put on your car. Always must use half mask respirator and right filter or full mask with right. Any kind of (one day) respirator don`t work there, It`s the same, when you put water on the sieve (if I look, how ceramic pro guys spray with out mask - let`s see what happened next year or another) This is ceramic and It`s permanent and you breathe this stuff inside. I recommend you to use minimum half mask with right filter and good googles. Very important to use right gloves. Like many gloves material (PVC, vinyl, latex, nitrile, butyl, silvershield and so one) and thousands chemicals must do test - penetration test. It`s mean, when chemical come through glove material outside to inside. Maximum time is class 6 (480 minutes - 8 hour - there is 6 classes, which mean time) This is maximum time, what standard 374 gives you to handle chemical. Every chemical maker must to test her chemical with glove and respirators, body covers and so on. and every chemical seller must give you that information - products sheet, what kind product you must use, but if you wan`t to clear that case, then you must to little homework. There know matter, what this chemical products consist - believe me - you must use personal protection staff to safe you health. Sorry my bad english.
Well said.....I too am the same I wear a 3M half mask with the correct filters I also double glove. These coatings are amazing but I really do think the health implications down the line will be akin to asbestosis...this stuff is not good to breath in!
nick_mcuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2016, 03:12 PM   #43
galamaa
Washmitt Meister

Alasar, hope you don`t get me wrong. As I see, you use and sell Everglass. Could you tell me more about this product. How this products hold winter time. For me is very important, that products hold in winter time well, because I need to use pretty harsh chemical to clean car outside wintertime. And also important that products hold hydrophopic effect, because I wash my cars outside winter and wan`t to dry them only leaf blower.

Yes you are maybe right (I know you are doing a lot of chemical tests lot of coatings). What is you best, what you are find? Your own Everglass?
galamaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2016, 06:11 PM   #44
In House
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alasar View Post
LuckyStrike - thanks for sharing. I have one question. Have you used cold water or warm water?

Bod42 - if you want to sniff vapor of butylacetate. It is your right. )
I do not want to breathe toxic vapors.

And waiting 30 washes results. Volvo clearcoat not soft and coatings work better on it.
Kamikaze ISM are claimed as pure non solvent coating...and i know some people's that already drank it
In House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2016, 07:37 PM   #45
sm81
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 1,019 Times in 908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alasar View Post

And waiting 30 washes results. Volvo clearcoat not soft and coatings work better on it.
Nanolex has tested it to last 100-150 wash if I remember right.
sm81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2016, 07:53 PM   #46
funkydunk
Washmitt Meister

Your car must look so funny when parked outside in the rain. Like some crazy patchwork cover
funkydunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2016, 08:16 PM   #47
chongo
"Professor"

Thanked 3,113 Times in 1,822 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by In House View Post
Kamikaze ISM are claimed as pure non solvent coating...and i know some people's that already drank it
Where can I get Kamikaze ISM anybody
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2016, 08:20 PM   #48
bigmac3161
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Red bull or coke sir.
bigmac3161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2016, 08:39 PM   #49
Moet1974
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by chongo View Post
Where can I get Kamikaze ISM anybody
Ultimate Finish dude. Be prepared for the price though!!! Since Tim @CYC ditched them prices have gone way up. I used to get mine from France when the great British pound was worth something! Aside from the price it's a great coating. As is Kamikaze myabi .

Last edited by Moet1974; 14-10-2016 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Missed a word
Moet1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2016, 09:34 PM   #50
Moet1974
Washmitt Meister

Missed that one!!!! Helps if you read the full post. Off now to down some VOC free Stella.
Moet1974 is offline   Reply With Quote