Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here - Sponsored By g3pro

Old 08-01-2017, 05:13 PM   #1
Blackwatch
Orbital Oracle

looking at trying Koch Chemie but need advise please

Im looking at trying the Koch Chemie range as I have a new job ( I will make a post about it in general chat this evening ). However for the interim period I have to purchase my own supplies so as I need some new CarPro pads and LC CCS pads I can't afford the full Koch Chemie sample kit at almost £40.

I will mainly be working on German paints ie Porsche, Audi and AMG so I was looking at the H8 02 compound then grabbing the P2 02. Most of the cars I will be doing will be kept in the showroom once sorted, any that go outside I will probs layer with wax ( not sure which one yet ).

I also have the CarPro Essence to use in conjunction with the Koch Chemie as I am wanting to achieve as close to perfection as possible so what would folk recommend to go with the H8 02?

Also could someone recommend a decent QD so once a week I can just whip round all the prepped cars and bring them back up. I have used PB QD+ and AD Berry blast diluted 5:1 om the past but looking for something that will bring that little extra.

Last edited by Blackwatch; 08-01-2017 at 05:20 PM.
Blackwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 06:38 PM   #2
Barbel330
Sponge Jockey

H8 02 is the best compound I've ever used, absolutely fantastic stuff, much nicer than the equivalent Scholl or Menzerna products for me. I tend to use it with an orange CG hex-logic pad. Then I use the P2 02 on a white CG hex pad. Most of my work is on Mercedes-Benz paint so fairly hard.
Barbel330 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barbel330 For This Useful Post:
Blackwatch (08-01-2017), chongo (08-01-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 06:43 PM   #3
Kam09
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbel330 View Post
H8 02 is the best compound I've ever used, absolutely fantastic stuff, much nicer than the equivalent Scholl or Menzerna products for me. I tend to use it with an orange CG hex-logic pad. Then I use the P2 02 on a white CG hex pad. Most of my work is on Mercedes-Benz paint so fairly hard.
Which machine do you use?
Kam09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 06:56 PM   #4
Blackwatch
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbel330 View Post

Sold to the man with a dog as his avatar . Ive never really got on with the Hex pads as they dont seem to have much give in them. Will they work on the LC CCS pads?
Blackwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:13 PM   #5
Barbel330
Sponge Jockey

I use numerous different machines but my go to for cutting is always a rotary as that's what I've been used to for the last 28 years. The H8 02 obviously cuts a little more when used on a rotary but I like to keep the speed fairly low and work a compound, this stuff gives you plenty of working time without dusting.

I've never tried LC pads but I'm sure they'll be equally as good.
Barbel330 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barbel330 For This Useful Post:
Blackwatch (08-01-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 07:43 PM   #6
chongo
"Professor"

Thanked 4,231 Times in 2,542 Posts
Garage
Jon, the only way you are going to find out is just try them and see mate, as I have said mate KochChemie polish is a great polish and will work with any pad.
I've use them with L/C HT, Quantum hex pads, Rupes, MF cutting pads.
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chongo For This Useful Post:
Blackwatch (08-01-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 11:55 AM   #7
sm81
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 1,093 Times in 970 Posts
How easy to wipe off residue?
sm81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 02:50 PM   #8
chongo
"Professor"

Thanked 4,231 Times in 2,542 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm81 View Post
How easy to wipe off residue?
I've never had a problem with removing any Polish residue
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:13 PM   #9
Chubbz
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwatch View Post
Im looking at trying the Koch Chemie range as I have a new job ( I will make a post about it in general chat this evening ). However for the interim period I have to purchase my own supplies so as I need some new CarPro pads and LC CCS pads I can't afford the full Koch Chemie sample kit at almost £40.

I will mainly be working on German paints ie Porsche, Audi and AMG so I was looking at the H8 02 compound then grabbing the P2 02. Most of the cars I will be doing will be kept in the showroom once sorted, any that go outside I will probs layer with wax ( not sure which one yet ).

I also have the CarPro Essence to use in conjunction with the Koch Chemie as I am wanting to achieve as close to perfection as possible so what would folk recommend to go with the H8 02?

Also could someone recommend a decent QD so once a week I can just whip round all the prepped cars and bring them back up. I have used PB QD+ and AD Berry blast diluted 5:1 om the past but looking for something that will bring that little extra.
Bouncers Done & Dusted.....seems to be popular with great reviews!
Chubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chubbz For This Useful Post:
Blackwatch (09-01-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 10:04 PM   #10
sm81
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 1,093 Times in 970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chongo View Post
I've never had a problem with removing any Polish residue
Of course not but How easy? Scholl is very oily an optimum very easy to wipe off etc...
sm81 is offline   Reply With Quote