Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2017, 09:02 AM   #21
Hereisphilly
Dw Reviewer
 
Hereisphilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gainsborough
Posts: 2,065
Thanks: 604
Thanked 1,144 Times in 741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D 88 View Post
To be fair Hereisphilly, when you put a picture up of that kinda car the wax is irrelevant!

I test drove one of these and when I was about to order they stopped production in July last year! Wanted Nardo with the black pack and exhaust!

What prep was done on this? Full 2 stage polish?
Yeah it's a lovely car, this one has the black pack and sports exhaust too

I'd like to say it's mine but unfortunately it's not. It's my work colleague's which I prepped for him last year

The paint was in amazing condition, even with it being brand new, so all it needed was a decon and paint cleanse

The gloss and shine that glamour brought was noticeable however, even on silver, it's an amazing wax

Did a write-up earlier in the year on the prep

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=375848

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Hereisphilly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hereisphilly For This Useful Post:
JR1982 (11-01-2017), Rob D 88 (11-01-2017)
Old 12-01-2017, 04:54 PM   #22
Leebo310
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Leebo310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Maidstone
Posts: 1,583
Thanks: 528
Thanked 521 Times in 420 Posts
I've used both and found Illusion slightly easier to remove (although to be fair, that could be due to conditions - I tried Nebula two days ago but Illusion back in September) but the gloss from Nebula to me beats it hands down. Illusion is very good indeed but I didn't make me think "wow" after application like Nebula did.
On a black car I waxed one door with Nebula and left the other untouched and the difference between the gloss, depth and reflections was very, very noticeable.
Plus for the price, it makes it a bargain.
Try it, you won't be disappointed.
Leebo310 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leebo310 For This Useful Post:
chongo (13-01-2017), Rob D 88 (12-01-2017)
Old 12-01-2017, 11:18 PM   #23
Rob D 88
Washmitt Meister
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 167
Thanks: 217
Thanked 87 Times in 50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leebo310 View Post
I've used both and found Illusion slightly easier to remove (although to be fair, that could be due to conditions - I tried Nebula two days ago but Illusion back in September) but the gloss from Nebula to me beats it hands down. Illusion is very good indeed but I didn't make me think "wow" after application like Nebula did.
On a black car I waxed one door with Nebula and left the other untouched and the difference between the gloss, depth and reflections was very, very noticeable.
Plus for the price, it makes it a bargain.
Try it, you won't be disappointed.
Do you have any pictures of this? Would be great to see!
Think I might grab a pot whilst it's £26. Problem is how much stuff do I bloody need!

Bad times!
Rob D 88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 12:53 AM   #24
Leebo310
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Leebo310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Maidstone
Posts: 1,583
Thanks: 528
Thanked 521 Times in 420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D 88 View Post
Do you have any pictures of this? Would be great to see!

Think I might grab a pot whilst it's £26. Problem is how much stuff do I bloody need!



Bad times!


Unfortunately not buddy, I tried but the phone camera just wasn't picking up the difference as well as in person. I didn't want to do the wax an injustice and post up a photo that people would claim there wasn't much difference on!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Leebo310 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leebo310 For This Useful Post:
Rob D 88 (13-01-2017)
Old 13-01-2017, 12:59 AM   #25
Rob D 88
Washmitt Meister
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 167
Thanks: 217
Thanked 87 Times in 50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leebo310 View Post
Unfortunately not buddy, I tried but the phone camera just wasn't picking up the difference as well as in person. I didn't want to do the wax an injustice and post up a photo that people would claim there wasn't much difference on!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah true, I understand where you are coming from. It's the same with most things, the camera just don't do it justice! The naked eye is still the best technology!

Might treat myself to some PowerMaxed TFR and OCD Nebula! Only just started using solid wax, Wowo's Contact 121 was a dream to use! Got to try the HotWax but there weather ain't ready yet. Need to move to California I think.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Rob D 88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors