Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Showroom Detailed something and want to show it off? Do it here... This is the place for you to show the world....

Old 10-01-2017, 05:49 PM   #11
rojer386
Orbital Oracle

Good write up Paul, pity the weather was totally against us mate because it was set to be a full day of detailing and photos I'm sure.

I'm only glad you managed to get my good side in that photo!!
rojer386 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rojer386 For This Useful Post:
macca666 (10-01-2017)
Old 10-01-2017, 08:58 PM   #12
macca666
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojer386 View Post
Good write up Paul, pity the weather was totally against us mate because it was set to be a full day of detailing and photos I'm sure.

I'm only glad you managed to get my good side in that photo!!
Cheers mate though not convinced you have a good side

Another reflection shot this time on the bonnet of the M140. White is always difficult to capture especially when it's as dull as it was but I like this shot.

Last edited by macca666; 10-01-2017 at 09:08 PM.
macca666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:59 PM   #13
Blueberry
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 3,919 Times in 2,500 Posts
Garage
Quote:

Technically no but literally yes it's the kuro edition which in Japanese means black apparently although Mazda also did a mx5 black edition. This is our second mx5 and I like this one better than the last the extras added a nice touch. Apart from the kuro graphics which I removed when I bought it as IMO they spoiled the look.

Mine was sold in white, red or black and limited to 400 models for the tin top and 200 for the convertible. Same power as the standard mx5s just cosmetic changes and suspension and exhaust upgrade

Ah, you may have cleared something up for me. I'm currently looking to buy a MX5 for the summer and been looking at Black Editions until tonight when a Kuro popped up for sale, but doesn't appear to have all the graphics or the Kuro badge on the side. My OH was convinced it was dodgy but I thought they might have been removed. You obviously enjoy the MX5
Blueberry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blueberry For This Useful Post:
macca666 (11-01-2017)
Old 11-01-2017, 04:04 PM   #14
macca666

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
Ah, you may have cleared something up for me. I'm currently looking to buy a MX5 for the summer and been looking at Black Editions until tonight when a Kuro popped up for sale, but doesn't appear to have all the graphics or the Kuro badge on the side. My OH was convinced it was dodgy but I thought they might have been removed. You obviously enjoy the MX5
Completely understand the graphics as IMO they spoiled the look. I bought mine new and asked for it delivered with no graphics so mine has never had them. Not sure why the wing badge would be removed though

I know you'll have looked but exterior wise main differences for the kuro is the rear sports bumper, larger sports exhaust, Black detailing around the front grille and front fog lights. I'm sure it was uprated suspension as well can't remember if it was lowered.

Inside it has Stone and Black leather seats, Stone leather door cards with red stitching, a silver interior panel with red round the air vents, alloy pedals and floor mats with different logo.

I'm sure I've a pic of my interior somewhere as i'm convinced it was individual to the Kuro I'll have a look and post it up

I wasn't a great fan of our previous which was one of the first mk3 but this one is certainly far better to the extent I'm trying to persuade the OH to look at the new mx5 RF when it's released....

Last edited by macca666; 11-01-2017 at 06:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to macca666 For This Useful Post:
Blueberry (11-01-2017)
Old 11-01-2017, 04:14 PM   #15
macca666

Garage
Found it though not a great view but it'll give you an idea

The Following User Says Thank You to macca666 For This Useful Post:
Blueberry (11-01-2017)
Old 11-01-2017, 09:34 PM   #16
Blueberry
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 3,919 Times in 2,500 Posts
Garage
MAZDA MX5 clean up

Quote:
Originally Posted by macca666 View Post
Completely understand the graphics as IMO they spoiled the look. I bought mine new and asked for it delivered with no graphics so mine has never had them. Not sure why the wing badge would be removed though

I know you'll have looked but exterior wise main differences for the kuro is the rear sports bumper, larger sports exhaust, Black detailing around the front grille and front fog lights. I'm sure it was uprated suspension as well can't remember if it was lowered.

Inside it has Stone and Black leather seats, Stone leather door cards with red stitching, a silver interior panel with red round the air vents, alloy pedals and floor mats with different logo.

I'm sure I've a pic of my interior somewhere as i'm convinced it was individual to the Kuro I'll have a look and post it up

I wasn't a great fan of our previous which was one of the first mk3 but this one is certainly far better to the extent I'm trying to persuade the OH to look at the new mx5 RF when it's released....

Yes that interior is unique to the Kuro. Lovely car you have.

Unfortunately the one I saw did turn out to be a bit dodgy in that it was an insurance write off back in June but the advert didn't mention that.

Ah well, I'm still looking. I love the look of the RF and was very tempted.
Blueberry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blueberry For This Useful Post:
macca666 (12-01-2017)