Detailing World Forum banner

What detailing did you do today??

2M views 9K replies 1K participants last post by  Jakub 
#1 ·
Not sure if this thread will take off... But as the title asks, what detailing did you do today??

I'll be giving the car a hoover later, and cleaning the inside of the glass.

What about the rest of you?

#25 ·
Appreciated the work i put into freshening up the runaround yesterday.
Quick hit with megs MF coat of maxolens sealant and autobrites cherry glaze , unfortunately i never got wax on before the rain came but it beaded like it was waxed today and looked sweet. Still took 5 hours .

#26 ·
my Prism 5 scooter got her wheels cleaned with JTF £2.45 cherry wheel spray, a good shampoo with Mer, and a blast of Spray Wax from the pound shop. A good buff up with an old t shirt and she was all ready for riding around the block walking the dog when the rain stopped.

A damp sponge sorted the pavement spray and tyre mud when she got back into the garage. Shame I couldnt get to do any more to the car. It is taking weeks to clean this summer. So depressing. Rib

#27 ·
Today ( oh, well, yesterday that is ) I had to do a full interior valet on a Peugeot 307. The car had not been cleaned since new and had been sat for a few years - it was moldy, smelly and horrible !

Took me 7 hours to get it tip top again and I never even got to wash the outside of the car :(

But it was good fun and I do like a challenge :)

#31 ·
Been working on brother in laws 12 year old BMW that hasnt been washed in TEN years, so haven't stopped for two weeks. Today I t cut some bad scratches, reprinted some exposed metal trim, washed it twice in preparation for today when the new plates, badges that we're missing, and battery goes in. Can't wait to see his face it's a totally amateur job but he'd given up on it and it honestly looks like a different car, especially with ten years of brake dust, tree sap, and mould from interior removed. Have taken before pictures but like I said its not a pro job like most on here, just a tart up on a budget but I'm delighted since I don't have a polisher or anything but my god it was backbreaking!