Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here - Sponsored By g3pro

Old 13-03-2018, 11:27 PM   #1
WannaBd
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Carpro essence v britemax virtue

Hi has anyobe tried or compared essence and virtue?
As they seem to be the same, but is one better than the other?
I'm looking at getting a bottle essence to use on its own and under cquk/ other ceramics. A negative point for essence is the 3 hours cure time before ceramic coat application. Wondered if the cure time was less or the same? Tia
WannaBd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 12:07 AM   #2
Yellow Dave

Thanked 1,407 Times in 1,123 Posts
Garage
I'd imagine these two, gyeon primer and the TAC Systems version are all pretty similar.
Yellow Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 01:51 AM   #3
GSVHammer

Garage
Allow Virtue 2-3 hours to fully cure before coating (20 mins under IR lamp).

Virtue
GSVHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GSVHammer For This Useful Post:
WannaBd (17-03-2018)
Old 14-03-2018, 12:36 PM   #4
Brian1612

Thanked 3,066 Times in 2,018 Posts
I reviewed Virtue for DW and was left really impressed by it. Virtue is a little expensive but by far the best AIO type product I have used.
Brian1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 08:05 PM   #5
Danjc

Garage
I was speaking to a local detailer about this very subject and his opinion was they are both very good products but Virtue seems to have a more friendly slightly longer work time that stays oily.

Last edited by Danjc; 18-03-2018 at 08:15 PM.
Danjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2018, 02:53 PM   #6
MR X8X
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Quick heads up but Britemax virtue is ready to have a ceramic coating after a hour of application subject to conditions . Not as said above 2-3 hours.
Hope this helps in clarifying the product user friendly ability.
MR X8X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2018, 03:38 PM   #7
GSVHammer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR X8X View Post
Quick heads up but Britemax virtue is ready to have a ceramic coating after a hour of application subject to conditions . Not as said above 2-3 hours.
Hope this helps in clarifying the product user friendly ability.
Pulled my info from the Clean & Shiny web page.

Quote:
Britemax Virtue is a silica primer finishing polish designed to leave painted surfaces with a high gloss finish, ready to be sealed.

Featuring a blend of durable resins that produce unparalleled levels of gloss and nano-tech quartz technology.

Virtue contains fine abrasives manufactured to remove light swirls and scratches, whilst leaving behind semi-permanent fillers to create the perfect finish.

Virtue can be used as a preparation primer polish for use under Britemax's consumer grade sealant, Extreme Elements 2.0, as well as their professional grade Amethyst Quartz and Igneous Quartz ceramic coatings.

As a standalone solution, Virtue leaves vehicle surfaces protected and extremely hydrophobic for up to 6 months.

Key Features:

Ceramic Coating Prep
Adds a layer of Si02 protection
Superb Hydrophobic Gloss
Use with DA, Rotary or by hand
Body shop safe

Application Instructions:

By Machine

Shake well. Clean and dry all surfaces. Use a polishing / finishing pad. Dispense a liberal amount of product on the desired surface and spread evenly using the face of the finishing pad. Increase machine speed and gradually reduce pressure. Work areas to desired finish. Buff and remove dried residue with a clean soft cloth.

By Hand

Shake well. Apply a small amount to surface and rub in a circular motion with a polishing cloth or the black side of the Tri-Foam applicator. Buff dried residue off with a separate soft clean cloth. Keep product from temperature extremes. If product becomes frozen let it thaw and shake vigorously to re-establish consistency.

Pack contents: 1x Britemax Virtue Si02 High Gloss Primer Polish 473ml (16oz)
Britemax UK site

Quote:
Description

NEW - Available soon!

Britemax Virtue is a silica primer finishing polish designed to leave painted surfaces with a high gloss finish, ready to be sealed. Featuring a blend of durable resins that produce unparalleled levels of gloss and nano-tech quartz technology.

Virtue contains fine abrasives manufactured to remove light swirls and scratches, whilst leaving behind semi-permanent fillers to create the perfect finish.

Virtue can be used as a preparation primer polish for use under both our consumer grade sealant Extreme Elements 2.0 as well as our professional grade Amethyst Quartz and Igneous Quartz ceramic coatings.

As a standalone solution, Virtue leaves vehicles surfaces protected and extremely hydrophobic for up to 6 months.
Directions

By Machine: Shake well. Clean and dry all surfaces. Use a polishing / finessing buffing pad. Dispense a liberal amount of product on the desired surface and spread evenly using the face of the buffer pad. Increase buffer speed and gradually reduce pressure. Work areas to desired finish. Buff and remove dried residue with a clean soft cloth.

By Hand: Shake well. Apply a small amount to surface and rub in a circular motion with a polishing cloth. Buff dried residue off with a separate soft clean cloth. Keep product from temperature extremes. If product becomes frozen let thaw and shake vigorously to re-establish consistency.
I've never used it myself so I wouldn't know what time it needs to cure. Just looking at the manufactures instructions.
GSVHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2018, 03:58 PM   #8
MR X8X
Sponge Jockey

Garage
As I said in my reply subject to conditions. You will find it will be ready to top in a hour in dry warm conditions . We had to cover ourselves with the 2-3 hours for all conditions worse case . I have used the product many times and only left it for 1 hour but the conditions were dry and warm NOT cold and damp .
MR X8X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2018, 09:00 AM   #9
ALFIrE
Sponge Jockey

I guess the gyeon Q2 primer is also a similar product?

Would you have to expect problems using these product combining brands?
for instance fine polishing wit carpro essence, and then gyeon mohs on top of that?
ALFIrE is offline   Reply With Quote