Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Interior & Glass
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Interior & Glass Discuss All your Interior Issue - Dash - Seats and All the Car Glass Areas - Interior Dressing, Leather etc

Old 16-05-2018, 09:30 PM   #21
bigmac3161
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Great review personally only ever used the wipes to clean and the the dye blocker every 4 months or so great products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bigmac3161 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigmac3161 For This Useful Post:
Dr Leather (17-05-2018)
Old 17-05-2018, 08:15 AM   #22
Bustanut

Garage
Great write up and nice to see Dr Leathers input too. This is a product I love and use all the time, it leaves a really nice smell in the car after application which never lasts long enough for me ( quick tip from others on here is to leave some wipes under the seat to prolong it). Daryl my only feedback on the product would be (and the write up refers to this) that the product would feel better if it was a little bit thicker to allow it to foam up a bit when agitated. It’s hard to describe but it feels a lot more satisfying when the product does this ( might just be me being a bit wierd but would like to see what others think on this). Now I’m no chemist so have no idea if or how this could be achieved but as always I’m happy to review any developments in the product and feedback on findings as I have done in the past.
Bustanut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bustanut For This Useful Post:
Dr Leather (17-05-2018)
Old 17-05-2018, 03:16 PM   #23
Derekh929
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 5,128 Times in 4,249 Posts
Great review and write up there thanks for sharing, well I will be honest many years ago In the early stages of the DR Leather for the car cleaning side I wondered if it was just another leather cleaner?
Well Darryl kindly sent me a free bottle to try as he knew he had a good product and I would yield good results, as over the years I have seen more and more reputable retailers stock the products.
Well from the liquid to the wipes I have used many since and the new merc got the dye block another product that many tests and time went into to develop I bet, been great on the platinum white leather its due another coat again.
Daryll always comes on if anyone has an issue with a product and follows it through even though its found to not be the product but a repair to a seat that was done badly, he still tried to sort it all out without any need to but that's how it is.
Derekh929 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Derekh929 For This Useful Post:
Dr Leather (17-05-2018)
Old 17-05-2018, 06:49 PM   #24
Dr Leather
Sponsor

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Leather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustanut View Post
Daryl my only feedback on the product would be (and the write up refers to this) that the product would feel better if it was a little bit thicker to allow it to foam up a bit when agitated. Itís hard to describe but it feels a lot more satisfying when the product does this ( might just be me being a bit wierd but would like to see what others think on this). Now Iím no chemist so have no idea if or how this could be achieved but as always Iím happy to review any developments in the product and feedback on findings as I have done in the past.
Hi Bustanut

Thanks for the feedback. We can increase the foaming, but it plays havoc with our bottling system. What we do have is a new trigger which can be used as standard, or with a cap you fit on it it foams the product. I'll send you one for testing. PM me with the best delivery details.

Cheers

Darryl

Dr Leather Ltd
E-mail: darryl@drleather.com
Dr Leather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 09:05 PM   #25
RICH2508
PC Perfectionist

A great write up, I had a large tub of wipes for four years and they were great with the three cars we had at once with leather seats, right to the last wipe, but always made sure the lid was on securely. I only switched to the spray last year as we were down to just one car with leather and found it equally as good.

I have just had my 15yr old Audi TT judged in a concours event and the judge couldn’t beleive how original looking the leather was.
RICH2508 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RICH2508 For This Useful Post:
Dr Leather (17-05-2018)
Old 23-05-2018, 08:57 AM   #26
Bustanut

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Leather View Post
Hi Bustanut

Thanks for the feedback. We can increase the foaming, but it plays havoc with our bottling system. What we do have is a new trigger which can be used as standard, or with a cap you fit on it it foams the product. I'll send you one for testing. PM me with the best delivery details.

Cheers

Darryl
PM sent Darryl, thanks.
Old 23-05-2018, 04:49 PM   #27
dannyd21
Unwashed Member

I have just ordered a tub of 150 dr leather wipes, I can't wait to try them out.

I recently bought a new car and they attempted to clean the leather and left spray marks all on the seats.

I saw this product while watching White Details on YouTube and he loves this line of products.
dannyd21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2018, 08:54 AM   #28
jbenekeorr
Washmitt Meister

Hi all,

Darryl from Dr Leather got in touch with me directly shortly after posting the review (A thoroughly nice chap). He very kindly offered to send me a new tub of leather wipes to try out, as I had mentioned that I had been disappointed with my previous tub (bought from eBay).

Earlier this week, the postman arrived with a rather heavy box containing a tub of 150 wipes (a bucket more like!) and a bottle of Dr Leatherís Dye Block which I had mentioned in the original review I was planning to try! I messaged Darryl back to thank him for this lovely gesture, but thanks again!

Whilst the Dye Block is probably more intended for light coloured leather in terms of Dye transfer, Iíve seen several people say that they use it on dark leather to to act as a barrier for dirt transfer as well as dye. So I thought Iíd give it a go on the Mini.

Yesterday evening once the sun had gone down, I wiped the seats down with the new wipes - I can honestly say they were night and day different to the previous tub I had. I did a whole seat with one wipe, whereas my old tub took 3-4 wipes per seat! I then wiped down with a micro fibre and left them to air dry for a while as Iím told the seats need to be totally dry for the Dye Block to work best.

As per the instructions online, put on a pair of disposable gloves and sprayed Dye Block on to a small micro fibre applicator. I had been concerned that I would apply it too thick or in such a way that it would make marks - this turned out to be no issue at all. It goes on to the leather like any other liquid, you can see when youíve covered all of it. It appears dry after about 5 minutes, however it should ideally be allowed to dry over night, so I havenít even touched the seats since applying it!

I had also wondered if the Dye Block would leave some sort of shine on the leather - this also turned out not to be the case! They look exactly as they did before applying it! This was taken after doing both front seats.

I then left the doors open for 10 minutes (not sure if this was needed, I just wanted a coffee...). I then realised that the car needed to go in the garage and I couldnít sit in it so mustered all my strength and pushed the car slightly up hill into the garage. I may not have got it entirely straight!

I obviously canít comment on the longevity of Dye Block, but my experiences with the product so far have been excellent. Simple to apply and no change in the appearance of the leather. The small details are right too - itís a nice trigger spray similar to that used on Auto Finesse Iron Out - small and precise with no dripping. Itís also in a metal bottle which I didnít initially realise. Overall - itís brilliant.

I feel i should also formally revise my opinion of the wipes. The new tub I have been sent is so much better than the tub I purchased previously. I will certainly be using them as a regular maintenance cleaner from now onwards. This leads me to believe that the tub I purchased from eBay were left open for an extended period or something.

A bit of a strange one - I went in search of more things to use my leather cleaner spray on. I bought an office chair last November which is a mixture of black and white leather (or possibly vinyl). It was a bit of an indulgence, I do like a bit of occasional gaming and have a steering wheel setup - I find normal office chairs break quickly as theyíre not designed for the pressure youíre putting on them getting a bit carried away on Project Cars, however this chair is designed to take the abuse and is also very comfortable and supportive.

Naturally, having white leather (or vinyl!) makes for a lot of transfer! It had already become quite grubby.

I donít even know if this cleaner is designed to work with this type of leather/vinyl, but I gave it a go anyway. I used the same brush as I had on the car previously. Naturally, it did a great job!

50/50 - left side cleaned.

And done

In time, Iíll be making full use of the Dye Block on the cream leather seats in my Discovery where I think itíll be able to pay dividends.
Unfortunately, I wonít be doing anything else on my Mumís Freelanderís seats for the moment, as the first time she drove it after I cleaned the drivers seat on it - the clutch went!!! So itís sitting in disgrace awaiting a clutch, flywheel and master & slave cylinders!

To conclude - these products have all earned a place on my shelves! The wipes wouldn't fit on the main shelf though

jbenekeorr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jbenekeorr For This Useful Post:
Bustanut (24-05-2018), chris.t (25-05-2018), Dazednconfused (25-05-2018), Derekh929 (24-05-2018), Dr Leather (24-05-2018)
Old 24-05-2018, 09:07 AM   #29
shl-kelso
Orbital Oracle

Itís nice to see a manufacturer going above and beyond when dealing with a poor customer experience.

Iíve been using the wipes for around 18 months too (I bought the large tub although Iíve not made much of a dent into the contents so far!). Although I only have black leather to deal with they still work brilliantly - Iím always surprised at the dirt they lift in use even though the seats did not look at all grubby.

I have no difficulty in recommending them to anyone, they really do perform well :-)
shl-kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shl-kelso For This Useful Post:
Dr Leather (24-05-2018)
Old 25-05-2018, 04:11 PM   #30
Bustanut

Garage
Received a parcel in the post today. Darryl has sent me a foaming trigger spray to try. Also threw in a bottle of dr leather spray as a double bonus.
Thanks Dr Leather, I will let you know my thoughts once I have tried it out.

Tags
dr leather cleaner spray